A week of symfony #166 (1->7 March 2010)
Symfony 2 development got a boost this week with lots of chagesets, mostly related with the upcoming Doctrine 2 bundle.
Development mailing list
- Discussions about Eclipse Plugin for Symfony 2
Symfony 1.X branch:
- r28347: [1.2, 1.3, 1.4] removed cookies from Response objects serialization as it does not make any sense and can cause weird behaviors
- r28348: [1.3, 1.4] added a check for the php_posix extension as some distrib disable it
- r28365: [1.3, 1.4] added a way to change the default max forward in the controller for edge cases
- r28366: [1.3, 1.4] fixed sfGeneratorConfigHandler.class.php doesn't work with Windows path
Symfony 2.X branch:
- 3671..e0a4: [DependencyInjection] made a small performance enhancement (no need to lowercase three times the same)
- 0c3a..c731: [DoctrineBundle] cloned cache driver service for each usage so we can set a prefix to avoid caching conflicts
- 165b..fb76: [Console] added hasOption and hasArgument to Input
- b3d8..660f: [Symfony] added isBooted() method so that I can pass an existing kernel to a Console application
- 1a45..f5a3: [DoctrineBundle] enhanced the Doctrine 2 integration further to better handle multiple connections/entity managers
- 85ed..8970: [DoctrineBundle] made mapping information more flexible to allow different metadata mapping files for each bundle
- 1be4..87e7: [DoctrineBundle] added doctrine:import-mapping command to allow you to easily import the mapping information from an existing database connection to a bundle
- 2db0..f579: [DoctrineBundle] Fixes for building when you have multiple bundles which mixes mapping information types
- 6ead..a392: [DoctrineBundle, WebBundle] enhanced API for retrieving database connections and entity managers from controllers to allow for specifying the name of the connection or entity manager
- 42ad..41d1: [DoctrineBundle] improvements for building entities and getting started
- 47ae..d3eb: [DoctrineBundle] integrated the new Doctrine 2.0 entity alias feature for the query language
- 3fbe..bc81: [DoctrineBundle] removed the need to pass the container to the extension (which is dangerous)
- 2e42..5aba: [ProfiledBundle] moved debug tools from WebBundle to ProfilerBundle
- 17d4..80bb: [DependencyInjection] stored references to shared services as soon as possible to avoid circular references on legal code
- e811..9ec2: [OutputEscaper] renamed Safe to SafeDecorator
- 4505..14f4: [ProfilerBundle] fixed storage read() method and unpack/pack data to avoid weird character in the data stream
- 8ed1..2311: [DoctrineBundle] fixed alias support to be in sync with the latest version of Doctrine
- r28353: [1.3, 1.4] fixed escaping of Doctrine query parameters in WDT
- r28393: [1.2, 1.3] removed unneeded code (which breaks the separation of concerns)
Development digest: 90 changesets, 18 bugs reported, 16 bugs fixed, 2 enhancements suggested, 3 enhancements closed, 8 documentation defects reported, 25 documentation defects fixed, and 16 documentation edits.
- Updated symfony and TextMate, and How to Sort Admin Generator List By Foreign Table Name pages
- Updated symfony 1.4 reference:
- Cristiano G. Betta (cristiano [at] cgbdigital [dot] com): Developer, UX designer and devoted geek from London, UK. Experience with Facebook and other social media development in Symfony and Kohana. Likes to tinker with data visualisations and craves a good user experience.
- New plugins
- upPropelLockTableBehaviorPlugin: add methods on Propel objects to set locks.
- upPropelActAsTracableBehaviorPlugin: adds two fields on Propel objects to save its last edition.
- sfDoctrineDynamicFormRelationsPlugin: (no description)
- sfKrumoPlugin: uses Krumo (http://krumo.sourceforge.net/) to implement a nice replacement for print_r() and var_dump() PHP functions.
- sfHtml5FormPlugin: provides you with widgets and validators to use the new HTML5 input types for forms and filters.
- sfG1mrEditorPlugin: allows the use of Yahoo Rich Text Editor with sending pictures/uploads to text, on the forms.
- sfG1mrToolsPlugin: common tools of G1mr's projects.
- sfEasyAuthPlugin: created a compact log in form for sidebars, added a method to the Security User to retrieve the url users should be redirected to after logging in, profiles are now correctly retrieved by doctrine
- swBaseApplicationPlugin: added colorbox and jquery 1.4.2, removed jNice.css reference
- csDoctrineCommentsPlugin: created the initial directory structure
- sfDoctrineDynamicFormRelationsPlugin: initial import, updated README
- fcDbBackupPlugin: first commit, cleaned up syntax
- sfTrafficCMSPlugin: unbroken the updating of embedded models, fixed the bug with deleting embedded models and not getting an error message about it
- sfDoctrineJCroppablePlugin: fixed fatal bug when uploading new image
- sfExtjsThemePlugin: added edit_combo for non foreign edit fields, fixed the jsonCombo action to not show is null marker for edit combos, fixed a notice in jsonCombo with edit combos
- sfDoctrineSimpleForumPlugin: cleaned schema.yml (removed some useless 'performance enhancers'), updated and cleaned fixtures.yml, updated CSS and added some images, created admin features such as lock topic, sticky topic, delete, etc. (integrated into sfGuard permissions group of sf_doctrine_simple_forum_moderator_group), updated feed, updated routing.yml, tidied templates
- dcPropelReportsPlugin: updated event handling
- sfDoctrine2Plugin: updated form class to use D2 style reflection instead of ActiveEntity, moved isNew check out of constructor for better performance
- sfEasyGMapPlugin: added reverse geocoding an fix some bugs
- sfAmfPlugin: updated typo in amfBrowser link, updated secure flag for symfony 1.3-1-4 versions
- mgI18nPlugin: removed Doctrine dependency, merged lib, ajax and application tabs to one tab named 'Files', added a new database tab, the user can now lookup the database for messages, the import task now update target if the target is already in the database, fixed utf8 errors
- swCrossLinkApplicationPlugin: created the 1.2 and 1.3 branches, compile method is now public
- sfSympalPlugin: allowing for a lot rendering method to also be on the content type, setting proper project config instance when context is loaded, cleaned up some config options related to slot types, moved icons into CSS, rearranged the order of where we look for the getXXXSlotValue method when rendering a slot, changed the unpublished slot value to something more helpful
- sfSympalAdminPlugin: changed admin menu labels
- sfSympalEditorPlugin: re-established an "edit" mode with save and cancel buttons that save all content slots
- apostropheBlogPlugin: put titles on category admin generator pages, you can now properly attach media to events again, changes to index view of blog engine, created rss feeds for all blog filters, csrf and 1.4 compatibility fix for admin theme, changes to post and upcoming events partials
- apostrophePlugin: initial commit of minify module, made some private methods protected for easier overrides, renamed to lib/base to lib/action for consistency with the symfony standard, fixed apostophe logo in admin bar to link to the proper controller, added autocomplete plugin to assets because the Rich Time Picker uses autocomplete, added a new PDF slot (the default setting shows a basic PDF icon on the left, with the title, description and a download link on the right), significant progress on I18N, search markup was invalid with a strict doctype, wrapped aSlideshowSlot JS in CDATA tag to help with Strict DocType validation
- apostropheFormBuilderPlugin: slot type for rendering charts from form data
- New gallery: (English, and Russian) website of art exhibition called "New gallery" located in Kiev
They talked about us
- PHP Conference UK 2010
- Doctrine_Query_Extra: Extending the Doctrine Query Object
- Migration d’un gros projet symfony de la version 1.2 à 1.4
- Философия Symfony 2
- Symfony newsletter using Swift mailer
- Что новенького в Symfony 2?
- Job Queue in Symfony
- symfony: sfDoctrineGuardPlugin and customizing user profile
- Day 1 of learning Symfony
- О «symfony best practices»
- symfony 404 cache error in production
- Are you a plugin developer? Then sign up to receive donations from this site
- Apprentissage de la framework Symfony
- My Favorite Symfony Resources
- Ordenar por campos virtuales con el AdminGenerator de symfony
- Symfony 2.0 – Notes
- Reusing a edit/create form
- Accessing Symfony 1.0 Database attributes
- How to add a custom filter for the admin listing
- Symfony: Detect Which Version is Installed
- Symfony 2 wird die Welt retten aber was soll ich bis dahin machen? Teil 3/3 – Die Unterschiede
- Для экспертов в Symfony
- Static methods vs singletons: choose neither
- Symfony 2のアプリケーション構成を読む
- Symfony reloaded or same old frameworks speed holy wars
- symfonyで sfWidgetFormInputCheckboxの隣にlabelを出力する
- Symfony Live 2010
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.