Updating the Symfony Demo application to Symfony 4
The Symfony Demo application is a reference application created to show how to develop Symfony applications following the recommended best practices. It's mainly used as a learning and teaching resource, so we keep it in sync with the latest Symfony versions and features.
- Updated code to use as many PHP 7.1 features as possible;
- Used the flat and simple dir structure proposed by Symfony 4;
- Removed most of the service config thanks to the autowiring, _defaults, autoconfiguration and local binding;
- Created services for Doctrine repositories;
- Revamped the data fixtures to use modern DoctrineFixturesBundle practices;
- and all the other great simplifications allowed by Symfony 4!
Run this command to install the new Symfony Demo version:
$ composer create-project symfony/symfony-demo
A Community Effort¶
The Symfony Demo application is maintained by the Symfony community. We thank you all the developers who proposed ideas, reported issues, updated translations and contributed pull requests: Paweł Małolepszy, Piotr Grabski-Gradziński, Vladimir Chernyshev, Peter Kokot, David Maicher, Christophe Coevoet, Oleg Voronkovich, Victor Bocharsky and specially, Yonel Ceruto, for his tireless efforts to improve the app.