A Week of Symfony #776 (8-14 November 2021)
This week, Symfony development activity focused on polishing and tweaking the upcoming Symfony 5.4 and 6.0 releases (both will be published before the end of this month). In addition, Symfony announced a new sponsoring program for SaaS providers to back their Symfony bridges.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 39 pull requests were merged (26 in code and 13 in docs) and 43 issues were closed (33 in code and 10 in docs). Excluding merges, 21 authors made 509 additions and 190 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 9bc7187: [HttpClient] cURL HTTP client has to reinit curl multi handle on reset
- 0eacfd9: [DoctrineBridge] add support for the JSON type
- 3a2b2da: [FrameworkBundle] fix registering late resettable services
- a8b4e7f: [Cache] fix Memory leak
- 1403f62: [DependencyInjection] fix inlining when non-shared services are involved
- b560ec4: [ErrorHandler] fix FlattenException::setPrevious argument typing
- 24b6bd6: [Yaml] don't try to replace references in quoted strings
- 8a3cc18: [Loco] fix Loco Provider ID and pull & push local messages reading
- ba061fc: [HttpKernel] allow ignoring kernel.reset methods that don't exist
- 82fed8e: [HttpClient] Implement ResetInterface for all HTTP clients
- 9211bcc: [SecurityBundle] fix listing listeners in profiler when authenticator manager is disabled
- 0d15daf: [ErrorHandler] fix parsing @param with dollars in the description
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) Symfony 5 Security, Chapter 14: Remember Me System
- (Video) Symfony 5 Security, Chapter 15: Always Remember Me & signature_properties
- (Video) Symfony 5 Security, Chapter 16: Denying Access, access_control & Roles
- (Video) Symfony 5 Security: Authenticators, Chapter 17: The Entry Point: Inviting Users to Log In
- (Video) Symfony 5 Security: Authenticators, Chapter 18: AbstractLoginFormAuthenticator & Redirecting to Previous URL
Newest issues and pull requests
- [Validator] Attribute can not be applied on Controller method argument
- [Http] Improve the Content Negotiation handling
- [Routing] override imported route options via annotations
- [Messenger] More detailed log message of handling error
- Message handler chain
They talked about us
- Github Actions for Symfony 5 PHPUnit and more
- Symfony Station Communique - 12 November 2021. A Look at Symfony and PHP News.
- Bolt CMS for developers
- Stopping time with PHP
- Configuring Symfony 2.7 App with Apache 2.4 HTTP Server on Ubuntu 20.04
- Retour sur le Forum PHP 2021 (partie 2)
- Svelte + Symfony, ma cure d’amincissement
- Comment contrôler la qualité de vos projets PHP & Symfony ?
- Comment re-générer le sitemap au changement d'une entité
- Contrôlez la qualité de vos projets PHP & Symfony avec PHP-CS-Fixer
Call to Action
A Week of Symfony #776 (8-14 November 2021) symfony.com/blog/a-week-of-symfony-776-8-14-november-2021Tweet this
Become a certified developer! Exams are online and available in all countries.Register Now
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.