About this Project
About this Project¶
The main author of this bundle works for SensioLabs, the company behind the Symfony framework. However, this bundle is not promoted, endorsed or sponsored by SensioLabs in any way. This is not the official Symfony admin generator.
EasyAdmin is an open source project with a very opinionated development. We don’t make decisions by committee and we’re not afraid to refuse the feature requests proposed by our users. We prefer to focus on as few features as possible to keep the original vision of the project.
These are some of our development principles:
- Developers and end users are our priorities. We’ll always prioritize UX (user experience) and DX (developer experience) over code purity.
- Backend customization is balanced between configuration files and PHP code. We’ll add new options when they are easy and make sense. Otherwise, we’ll provide code extension points.
- Features will only be added if they are useful for a majority of users and they don’t overcomplicate the application code.
- Documentation is more important than code. Everything must be documented and documentation must be always up-to-date.
EasyAdmin deliberately discards the most complex and customized backends, focusing on the simplest 80% of the backend projects. In case you encounter an unavoidable limitation to develop your backend with EasyAdmin, consider using any of the following alternative admin generators:
- SonataAdminBundle, the most advanced and most customizable admin generator for Symfony applications. There’s nothing you can’t do with Sonata.
- GeneratorBundle, a project similar to EasyAdmin and based on YAML configuration files. It provides support for Propel, Doctrine ORM and Doctrine ODM models.
- NgAdminGeneratorBundle, an AngularJS-based admin generator compatible with any Symfony project that provides a RESTFul API.
This work, including the code samples, is licensed under a Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0 license.