Getting Started With FOSRestBundle
Getting Started With FOSRestBundle¶
Before you start using the bundle it is advised you run a quick look over the six sections listed below. This bundle contains many features that are loosely coupled so you may or may not need to use all of them. This bundle is just a tool to help you in the job of creating a REST API with Symfony.
FOSRestBundle provides several tools to assist in building REST applications:
- The view layer
- Listener support
- ExceptionController support
- Automatic route generation: single RESTful controller (for simple resources)
- Automatic route generation: multiple RESTful controllers (for resources with child/subresources)
- Manual definition of routes
The following bundles/applications use the FOSRestBundle and can be used as a guideline:
- The LiipHelloBundle provides several examples for the RestBundle.
- There is also a fork of the Symfony2 Standard Edition that is configured to show the LiipHelloBundle examples.
- The FOSCommentBundle uses FOSRestBundle for its API.
- The Symfony2 Rest Edition provides a complete example of how to build a controller that works for both HTML as well as JSON/XML.
This work, including the code samples, is licensed under a Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0 license.