A week of symfony #105 (29 december 2008 -> 4 january 2009)
This week marked the end of a great year for symfony, full of good news, events, new documentation and lots of symfony releases. Surely 2009 will be even better. In addition, Jobeet tutorial still attracted lot of attention during this week with several fixes and improvements.
- r14378: [1.1, 1.2] [sfPropelPlugin] updated propel behavior inclusion logic to use only core classes
- r14385: [1.0] fixed i18N and open_basedir restriction problem
- r14421: [1.2] updated sfProjectFreezeTask help text to be more verbose
- Updated dwhittle branch
- ...and many other changes
Development digest: 108 changesets, 26 defects created, 10 defects closed, 7 enhancements created, 17 documentation defects created, 11 documentation defects closed and 6 documentation edits.
Book and documentation
- Updated Jobeet tutorial:
- chapter 1 (added a tip about special chars escaping on the command line, fixed subversion repo creation)
- chapter 3 (modified the task abbreviation tip)
- chapter 4 (fixed typo)
- chapter 6 (fixed typo)
- chapter 8 (fixed slugify() method when iconv is not installed)
- chapter 9 (fixed typo)
- chapter 12 (added a tip about special chars escaping on the command line)
- chapter 13 (fixed typo) of Jobeet
- Published spanish, italian, polish and vietnamese translations of Jobeet tutorial
- Updated How to sort admin generator list by foreign table name page
- New plugins
- tsTitlePlugin: creates nice title tag with delimiter from default view.yml
- symfonyUnderControlPlugin: aims at integration the lime unit testing framework with the phpUnderControl/CruiseControl Continuous Integration system. It will allow you to have lime output xUnit XML files that can be parsed by phpUnderControl/CruiseControl to be displayed in it's web interface.
- sfJqueryWidgetsPlugin: adds two jQuery widgets to the list of available widgets bundled in the framework (drop down list that fires an Ajax request upon DOM event and sortable list that fires an Ajax request upon change).
- sfClearBoxWindowPlugin: a wraper of ClearBox that allows to view images in playing mode for your site.
- pkAdminQuickCreatePlugin: symfony's admin generator can provide pulldowns to select these, but what if they don't already exist? pkAdminQuickCreatePlugin makes it easy to implement "quick create" buttons.
- sfAdvMemcachePlugin: allows easy use memcache to store cache or session.
- Updated plugins
- pkImageConverterPlugin: initial checkin
- sfDoctrineAdminGeneratorWithShowPlugin: fixed some bugs
- sfAssetsLibraryPlugin: fixed PHP functions is_dir and is_writable to use full paths for accurate results, modified lib/helper/sfAssetHelper auto_wrap_text so it works, added Cancel button to sidebar_search and number of results to searchSuccess
- sfEzcWorkflowPlugin: fixed typo
- bhLDAPAuthPlugin: case insensitive group matching for authz, merged in 1.0 branch recent fixes from 1.1 branch
- sfApplyPlugin: documentation issues
- sfEasyDebugPlugin: fixed a typo in the documentation, fixed a issue with ::assert(), fixed display in ::assert(), fixed bug in logging
- sfPropelActAsPolymorphicBehaviorPlugin: fixed undefined variable in symfony 1.0
- sfTaskExtraPlugin: updated generate:plugin task so it can be run on an empty plugin directory, added sfProjectConfiguration::enablePluginDevelopment() method for whitelisting those plugins the addon tasks should act on
- sfSmartyPlugin: updated compiler process and optimized parsing methods, updated documentation, updated use helper method to accept comma delimited string list of helpers, updated helper compilation method for cleaner compiled templates
- sfImageTransformPlugin: updated the README and package.xml ready for the release of 0.2.0
- sfFormExtraPlugin: fixed blacklist validator changing the case of value in a case-insensitive context
- swToolboxPlugin: added sendMail method to the controller, added swWidgetFormDoctrineSelectNestedSetPosition widget
- sfDatagridPlugin: released 1.0.4 version, fixed the symfony cc notice, fixed the action bar rendering problem with ie
- sfPropelSqlDiffPlugin: added Propel 1.3 compatibility, created 1.2 branch, code cleanup, added package.xml, fixed README, fixed bug in propel:build-all-diff task
Some new symfony powered websites
- Temporary Plans: provides online quotes for several temporary health insurance plans
- JumboURL: (english) URL Enlarger
- ZubnÃ ordinace MUDr. LerchovÃ¡: (czech) dentist MUDr. LerchovÃ¡
- LoÅ¾iska a pÅ™ÃsluÅ¡enstvÃ ARKOV: (czech): bearings and accessories e-shop
They talked about us
- A look back
- Completada la traducciÃ³n del libro de Symfony 1.2
- Using embedFormForEach in Symfony, Part II
- Using doctrine with symfony 1.2 (1/4)
- Ð›ÑŽÐ±Ð¸Ñ‚ÐµÐ»ÑÐ¼ Ñ‚ÐµÐºÑÑ‚Ð¾Ð²Ñ‹Ñ… ÐºÐ²ÐµÑÑ‚Ð¾Ð²
- PHP Frameworks: comparing CakePHP and symfony
- sfPropelPager and pagination
- Criteria builder: convierte sentencias SQL a cÃ³digo propel
- Object Relational Mapping (ORM) Pada Framework Symfony
- Learn symfony in 24 hours
- Disponible la traducciÃ³n del libro Symfony 1.2
- A way to edit N-1 relationships in one form with symfony 1.2
- Ruby vs PHP, Rails vs Symfony
- PHP Framework trends - Zend Framework vs Symfony vs CakePHP vs CodeIgniter
A week of symfony #105 (29 december 2008 -> 4 january 2009) symfony.com/index.php/blog/a-week-of-symfony-105-29-december-2008-4-january-2009Tweet this
Become a certified developer! Exams are online and available in all countries.Register Now
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.