symfony community event: 1 day = 1 ticket
The idea of this event comes from a discussion between members of the #symfony-fr IRC channel. The main idea is to let people contribute back something to symfony that only takes a few minutes a day.
The main goals of this event are the following:
- Enhance the quality of the documentation
- Enhance performance of future releases
- Enhance the coverage of the automated tests
- Close the open bugs to let the core team work on new features
The rules are simple:
Once registered into the event, you have to close/resolve/create+patch a minimum of one ticket a day.
You can work on two tickets the same day and dispatch them on two different days (for instance, you cannot work on symfony on Monday, but you have fixed two tickets on Tuesday, so just pick one and pretend to have fixed it on Monday)
Each month, prizes will be awarded to three participants (the rules will be choosed depending on how many contributors registered but at least one prize will be randomly offered to one of them).
And here are the rewards:
Each month, Fabien Potencier offers a book of winner choice:
- Practical symfony 1.2 for Doctrine - second edition
- OR Practical symfony 1.2 for Propel - second edition
- OR Symfony : Mieux développer en PHP avec Symfony 1.2 et Doctrine
- OR The symfony 1.2 Reference Guide (soon available)
Each month, Jonathan Wage offers a Doctrine Book.
Pascal Borreli offers a surprise gift.
Each month, ServerGrove offers the winner:
- $100 credit for ServerGrove services (can be transfered to family, friends or customers)
- OR $50 Amazon gift certificate
For July and August, Ideato.it offers a random PHP t-shirt (size L) from php|architect
If you want to sponsor the event, contact me at [email protected]
How can you participate?
First, go to the dedicated Wiki page and add your name to the list of participants.
Then, read carefully the How to contribute to symfony wiki page.
Eventually, every day, add the ticket number you added/closed/patched to the table (#9999) under the correct day.
symfony community event: 1 day = 1 ticket symfony.com/index.php/blog/symfony-community-event-1-day-1-ticketTweet this
Become a certified developer! Exams are online and available in all countries.Register Now
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.