The Security Component
The Security Component¶
The Security component provides a complete security system for your web application. It ships with facilities for authenticating using HTTP basic or digest authentication, interactive form login or X.509 certificate login, but also allows you to implement your own authentication strategies. Furthermore, the component provides ways to authorize authenticated users based on their roles, and it contains an advanced ACL system.
You can install the component in 2 different ways:
- Install it via Composer (
- Use the official Git repository (https://github.com/symfony/security).
Then, require the
vendor/autoload.php file to enable the autoloading mechanism
provided by Composer. Otherwise, your application won't be able to find the classes
of this Symfony component.
The Security component is divided into four smaller sub-components which can be used separately:
- It provides all the common security features, from authentication to authorization and from encoding passwords to loading users.
- It integrates the core sub-component with the HTTP protocol to handle HTTP requests and responses.
- It provides protection against CSRF attacks.
- It provides a fine grained permissions mechanism based on Access Control Lists.
This work, including the code samples, is licensed under a Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0 license.