What is Symfony
« Symfony is a set of PHP Components, a Web Application
framework, a Philosophy, and a Community — all working
together in harmony. »
The leading PHP framework to create websites and web
applications. Built on top of the Symfony Components.
A set of decoupled and reusable components on which
the best PHP applications are built, such as Drupal,
phpBB, and eZ Publish.
A huge community of Symfony fans committed to
take PHP to the next level.
Embracing and promoting professionalism, best
practices, standardization and interoperability
Symfony Project stats
- +2,000 project contributors
- +300,000 Symfony developers
- +29,000,000 monthly downloads
The Quick Tour
What could be better to make up your own mind than to try
out Symfony yourself? Aside from a little time, it will
cost you nothing. Step by step you will explore the
Symfony universe. Be careful, Symfony can become addictive
from the very first encounter.
Download as PDF
The Symfony Ecosystem
These well-known PHP projects have also originated from or around Symfony project:
- Silex, the PHP microframework built on top of Symfony Components
- Twig, the fast, safe, and modern PHP templating engine
- Swiftmailer, the no-brainer solution to get your emails delivered