This week, the upcoming Symfony 3.3 version introduced the "autoconfigure" option for automatic configuration of "_instanceof". Meanwhile, Symfony Flex continued unveiling some of its features, such as recipes from the community and opening the main and contrib recipe repositories.
This week, Symfony added a new component called WebLink to provide HTTP preloading features. In addition, the new service configuration hierarchy (defaults > instanceof > service) was reworked. Lastly, we discovered the new Symfony 4 directory structure and also the first technical details about Symfony Flex.
This week Symfony started working on stabilizing the new features introduced for Symfony 3.3, specially the ones related to autowiring. Symfony also added a new Kernel::getProjectDir() method to get the root directory of the project instead of the kernel directory. Lastly, the first blog posts about Symfony 4 were published, outlining the future of the Symfony project.
This week Symfony entered into the "feature freeze" period for the upcoming 3.3 version. This means that the development activity will slow down to focus on stabilizing the new features introduced in Symfony 3.3. Meanwhile, the SymfonyLive Paris 2017 conference took place this week with great success.
This week, development activity focused on finishing some pending features, because Symfony 3.3 "feature freeze" is just two weeks away. First, we merged a new way to see Monolog logs. Then we added support to register a guard expression in the Workflow configuration. Lastly, we introduced container.service_locator tag to replace ServiceLocatorArgument.
This week, the Symfony community proposed another massive optimization for the Routing component matcher as well as support for anonymous services in Yaml config files. In addition, we published the Symfony Community Survey 2017 where you can help us shape the future of the Symfony project.
This week, Symfony development activity was very intense. First, we continued removing some container injections in favor of service locators. Then, we replaced the wildcard-based method autowiring by @required annotation and deprecated X-Status-Code for a better alternative. Finally, we added support for making form types private services and optimized the Symfony router matcher.
This week Symfony continued refactoring tests to make use of the new PHPUnit namespaces. Meanwhile, we added a build() method to the Kernel class to replace the Bundle::build() method. Lastly, we updated the main Symfony README file to add much more useful information.
This week, the DependencyInjection component continued focusing most of the development activity. Its most significant change was the support for named arguments. Meanwhile, we updated tests to use the new PHPUnit namespaces and we introduced support for using glob patterns everywhere to load configuration files.
- « Previous Page
- Next Page »