A week of symfony #133 (13->19 July 2009)
This week, the symfony reference guide was published, adding yet another useful resource to the vast symfony library. Meanwhile, 15 new plugins were introduced and symfony 1.2.8 version was published.
Development mailing list
- r20134: [1.3] added a slow_query_threshold option to the Doctrine profiler class that causes some query events to be marked with a slowQuery option. Added request_parameters option to sfWebDebug and a check for the sfWebDebugPanel parameter for rendering a panel as open. Added web debug panel status for changing the background color of its title, rather than the whole toolbar
- r20142: [1.2, 1.3] fixed simple_format_text having problems with certain linebreaks
- r20145: [1.2, 1.3] added additional test cases for sfWebRequest closes
- r20156: [1.3] updated upgrade readme with changes to doctrine logging
- r20157: [1.3] fixed possible bug when calling parent Doctrine_Overloadable methods in certain situations
- Milestone 1.2.8 completed
- r20263: [lime 2.0] implemented automatic management of errors and exceptions and the ability to expect them in tests
- r20264: [lime 2.0] implemented support for annotation comments
- r20270: [lime 2.0] added LimeMock implementation of sfLimeExtraPlugin
- r20271: [lime 2.0] improved error messages when calling unexpected methods in mocks
- r20287: [1.2] added the reference book
- r20288: [lime 2.0] refactored mocking library: introduced state pattern and behaviours, introduced invocation matchers, implemented strict mocks where the order of method calls is important
- r20291, r20292: [lime 2.0] refactored mocking library: introduced state pattern and behaviours, introduced invocation matchers, implemented strict mocks where the order of method calls is important
- r20295: [1.0, 1.2, 1.3] removed zend.ze1_compatibility_mode check as it has been removed in PHP 5.3
- r20296: [1.2, 1.3] fixed finfo() usage for PHP 5.3
- r20298: [1.2, 1.3] fixed sfForm::setDefaults() ignores individual CSRF protection
- r20300: [1.2, 1.3] fixed sfDatabaseSessionStorage ignores session storage configuration in factories.yml
- r20301: [1.2, 1.3] added exception phpdocs to all widget classes and change function signature
- r20304: [1.2, 1.3] added password to the last example of configure:database usage
- r20314: [lime 2.0] implemented LimePrinter, LimeOutputInterface, LimeOutputConsoleDetail, LimeOutputArray and LimeOutputXml
- ...and many other changes
Development digest: 205 changesets, 29 bugs reported, 16 bugs fixed, 6 enhancements suggested, 1 enhancement closed, 6 documentation defects reported, 20 documentation defects fixed, and 34 documentation edits.
- Updated 1 day 1 ticket, and Reserved words pages
- Updated symfony 1.2 book:
New Job Postings
- Symfony developers at BAOBAZ - full-time based in Paris, France - Contact: recrutement [at] baobaz [dot] com
New symfony bloggers
- New plugins
- sfJqueryMediaPlugin: a simple wrapper for jQuery Media.
- sfWpCumulusPlugin: a wrapper for the Wordpress tagcloud Cumulus.
- psToolboxPlugin: provides a facebook like token autocompleter widget that acts like a sfWidgetFormChoiceMany.
- sfFlowPlayerPlugin: a wrapper and package for the FlowPlayer.
- sfGeoCompletePlugin: provides a widget that has an address input field and an associated auto-complete dropdown that shows suggestions as the user types in a location. The suggestions are provided from the Google Maps GeoCoder v3.
- ysfOpenPlugin: provides several classes that make it easy to build Yahoo! Open Applications that use OAuth protected social and data apis. With the power of YQL (Yahoo! Query Language) fetching and mashing up data from web services has never been this easy.
- sfAttachPlugin: (no description)
- sfInternalAdapterPlugin: allows the developer to retrieve the results of another action either in the same application or another application in the current project, returning the results as a string. This is very helpful for creating JSON request templates that can either be combined or broken up as needed. Also helps with large AJAX applications where code recreation to produce common JSON objects would be undesirable.
- sfFlashMessagePlugin: displays user flash messages using jQueryNotifyBar plugin.Very nice looking notify bar which pops from the top and disappear after defined amount of time.Customization is possible.
- sfJQueryLightboxPlugin: transfomrs image link into fully featured lightbox effect. Automatically creates gallery.
- sfJQueryUIPlugin: This plugin makes use of jQuery UI library. Currently available is only one widget, sfWidgetFormDateJQueryUI which uses jQuery DatePicker to choose date.
- vjAuthPlugin: packages authentification using Active Directory and Single Sign On (SSO) with NTLM protocol if activated.
- edDoctrineCacheResultPlugin: manage cache result for doctrine.
- wspPingdomPlugin: gives access to the Pingdom SOAP enabled API.
- npDoctrineBlogPlugin: a very simple blog engine, with a Dotclear2 importer task utility.
- csDoctrineActAsSortablePlugin: fixed syntax for the doctrine queries
- sfSOAPjrPlugin: added exception class, started on request processor, soapjr library split into separate project, added licence, expanded information returned on exposed public methods
- sfAdminDashPlugin: added a "translator" property to overwrite module/action names, allowed icon paths to be absolute (reside outside the *image_dir*), updated README
- swToolboxPlugin: added swPatternRouting to allow cross link application works fine, moved cross link application into the sfApplicationConfiguration statement, auto guess application with cross link application, updated documentation, make required option of sfFormField works fine, the mandatory field format can now be defined in app.yml, updated swToolboxFormHelper::resetFormLabels() (added a 'force_labels' to option to avoid auto-generated labels, 'prefix' option now defaults to 'app_swToolbox_form_label_prefix' cfg, or 'label_' if not defined)
- sfPaymentPlugin: removed model directory, updated documentation, changed adapter interface, added sfWebBrowserInterface, added cached implementation of sfWebBrowserInterface in the form of a sfPaymentWebBrowser class
- sfMapFishPlugin: completed documentation, updated package template file
- csDoctrineActAsAttachablePlugin: fix to work with the new view component in sfWebDebug
- sfSympalPlugin: fixed issue by setting Site title as header of login page rather than having "Sympal" be the static header, minor fixes and enhancements, fixed problem with the MenuItem::getBreadcrumbs(), added ability to have an entire active menu tree, fixed bug in getBreadcrumbs causing nonObject error
- sfSocialPlugin: improvements in User and Message modules, completed missing parts of Notify module, enhanced Event, Group, Message modules
- sfCommentsPlugin: added Event Class usage in Comment Link Generator, added Comment Form Generator, first major step in porting the csComment plugin, added admin module, stabilized adding of comments, added website field on commenter
- pkToolkitPlugin: enhanced filter to cope with more bad HTML scenarios without belching warnings, UTF-8 is fixed in simplify(), trim email addresses and labels to combat escaping problems
- sfDoctrineActAsTaggablePlugin: changed some markup
- sfExtjsThemePlugin: update to ux.ToolbarUpload to support new ToolbarFileSelector, fixed routes, removed redundant setRequestFormat statements, removed obsolete route class, removed unnecessary typeof statement in the setFilter method
- sfSyncContentPlugin: added missing $this->, now syncing "to" a machine works too, group permissions-friendly rsync options
- pkContextCMSPlugin: forbid deleting the home page
- rsfResponseValidatorPlugin: some cleanup throughout the plugin and updated the README files installation instructions
- pkMediaPlugin: routing rules to pretty up the upload and edit actions
- sfShibbolethPlugin: refuse to talk to the noshib* users if they somehow show up in a shibbolized environment, documented the rule blocking noshibsuperadmin and friends
- sfLucenePlugin: make the inheritance work
- sfEasyGMapPlugin: added some checks to prevent errors when output escaping is on and users do not pass the raw value of the map instance
- ysfYUIPlugin: updated yui to version 3.0.0b1, imported yui3-app-theme, yui3-bubbling, yui3-cometd, yui3-functional, yui3-jsonp, yui3-node-effects, yui3-node-extras, yui3-sugar, yui3-torelativetime, yui3-yql, tweaked yui debug panel to auto-show yui console log
- sfImageTransformPlugin: workaround fix for ImageMagick crop bug
- MMKariyer: (Turkish) multimedia and IT focused career portal
- MarketingKariyer: (Turkish) marketing and sales focused career portal
- LetsCod: (English, and French) website of LetsCod, specialized in symfony development / outsourcing
- Megatrade: (English) website of Megatrade Holding, construction and engineering
- CCM Billing: (English) Cisco Call Manager CDR Billing
They talked about us
- OnChange Radio Buttons - Symfony, Prototype and me
- cross link application with symfony - part 2
- Symfony 1.2.8 released and available at ServerGrove
- symfony 1.2.8 — частичный откат исправлений безопасности
- Symfony Day in Köln hat seine Registrierung geöffnet
- Wording is not a developer job!
- Symfony: New Static Text Management Plugin
- Полезные заметки по symfony - 2
- Symfony: Faites passer le message
- Symfony Day 2009
- Looking for help for CuteFlow
- Erste Symfony-Konferenz in Deutschland
- Symfony : Utilisation de la classe sfFilter
- Little Symfony Forms Tricks
- Symfony OnmiGraffle Stencil
- Symfony training courses - SolutionSet.com
- Symfony: Denote Required Form Fields
- Using Symfony filters and CSS to present a design in-context
- Update der Symfony-Dokumentation
- Symfony Cache GOTCHA
- Symfony Tutorials: Using sfValidatorCallback
- symfony routing cache and memory error
- Why Symfony is THE PHP Framework to work with
- AutoCompletado con Symfony
- Password-Validation in Symfony 1.2
- symfony: show name from user profile
- Mouseover-Effekte in Symfony
- Symfony Faux Form Serialization
- Symfony: returning an array from app.yml
- Symfony and Semantic Web
- Installing Symfony Framework
- [Symfony] Custom theme for propel:generate-module
- Les commandes à retenir sous symfony
- Sztuczki w Symfony
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.