The Symfony2 Stable API
The Symfony2 Stable API¶
The Symfony2 stable API is a subset of all Symfony2 published public methods (components and core bundles) that share the following properties:
- The namespace and class name won't change;
- The method name won't change;
- The method signature (arguments and return value type) won't change;
- The semantic of what the method does won't change.
The implementation itself can change though. The only valid case for a change in the stable API is in order to fix a security issue.
The stable API is based on a whitelist, tagged with @api. Therefore, everything not tagged explicitly is not part of the stable API.
Any third party bundle should also publish its own stable API.
As of Symfony 2.0, the following components have a public tagged API:
- Filesystem (as of Symfony 2.1)
This work, including the code samples, is licensed under a Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0 license.