A week of symfony #29 (16->22 July 2007)
Development of symfony framework continues at a frenetic pace. This week also marks a new milestone for development: the 2000th ticket. The honor goes to "pookey" user and "improved handling of many to many links in admin generator" ticket. The first ticket was opened 2 years ago ("YAML parsing fails when special characters occur").
Plugins continue enriching the framework with new interesting features like sfPropelLoadbalancerPlugin and sfMogileFSPlugin. Nevertheless, the most important event this week has been the launch of the highly successful sfSimpleCMSPlugin. Together with sfGuardPlugin, sfMediaLibraryPlugin, sfSimpleBlogPlugin, and sfSimpleForumPlugin, this plugin forms a powerful site management application.
Development mailing list
- Doctrine won't be packaged with symfony 1.1 because it requires php 5.2 and it's under major refactoring as of now
- We could have a symfony 1.1 beta by the end of August
- r4654: added a new sfMemcacheCache class
- r4645: added a new
- r4637: changed error_reporting numbers to PHP constants
error_reporting: <?php echo E_PARSE | E_COMPILE_ERROR | E_ERROR | E_CORE_ERROR | E_USER_ERROR ?>
- r4628: added a new ->unregister() to symfony autoload classes
- r4624: moved some propel-load-data arguments to options
symfony propel-load-data frontend dev fixtures append
symfony propel-load-data frontend --env=dev --dir=fixtures --append
- r4623: pake allows usage of option as an array (for example --dir=./somedir --dir=./someotherdir)
- r4620: now you can use syck for dumping YAML
- r4619: moved main symfony.php try/catch block to sfCore::bootstrap method to encapsultate more code
- ...and many other changes
Development digest: 83 changesets, 18 defects created, 18 defects closed, 12 enhancements created, 10 enhancement closed, 2 documentation defects created, 2 documentation defects closed.
Book and documentation
- Updated Installing Syck (added new install method: PECL), How to manage your own cross-apps/global configuration values and sfDoctrine plugin documentation
- Advances in polish, czech, french, russian, polish and deutsch translations of the book
- Advances in french translation of Askeet tutorial
- New Job Postings:
- TAPEO_2007_PROJECT (July 2007) - Senior Symfony Developer - 1 month Freelance based in Lyon, France - $5,300 for 20 work days - Contact: alexis [dot] lewalle [at] gmail [dot] com
- Symfony Developer - full time - Buffalo, New York, USA (M2Synergies, jobs [at] m2synergies [dot] com)
- New developers for hire:
- Syllogistic Software Inc.: we have created several large-scale web applications in Symfony and it is our web platform of choice. We are based in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and work with clients world-wide.
- Jason M. Hanley: has been creating web applications with PHP since 1998. He has a B.Math from University of Waterloo in Computer Science and an MBA from Wilfrid Laurier University. Jason has been creating applications in Symfony since version 1.0.
- Created sfMogileFSPlugin: sfMogileFS enables symfony applications to interact with MogileFS, created by LiveJournal to handle the storage, replication and retrieval of the large amount of file uploads. Web's most popular sites (Digg, Last.fm, Guba, and others) use MogileFS as their file store.
- Created sfContactGrabberPlugin: this plugin will fetch your address book from yahoo, gmail, orkut, hotmail and myspace.
- Created sfFreshBooksPlugin: this plugin is designed to interact with the FreshBooks API. You must already have a FreshBooks account in order to use this plugin. FreshBooks is an online invoicing and time tracking service that saves you time and makes you look professional.
- Initial commit of sfPropelLoadbalancerPlugin: this plugin implements a simple loadbalancer for Propel with Creole. The loadbalancer is currently meant for replication setups of single master and multiple slaves. Balancing simply chooses one of the available slaves randomly.
- Created sfYzClientSideValidationPlugin: this plugin provides client side validation by using AJAX to access Symfony's native validation code, regardless if it is a built-in symfony validator or is custom written.
- Created sfCryptographpPlugin: you can use the Cryptographp library to create captchas in Symfony applications
- Created sfPropelManualOrderPlugin: adds manual ordering for the admin generator
- Created sfSimpleCMSPlugin. This plugin allows you to add a simple Content Management System (CMS) to your symfony application with the following features: edit in place, edit page URL, edit zones in pages, i18n ready, l10n ready, support multiple templates, basic publication workflow, user management controlled through sfGuardPlugin, etc.
- Updated sfCaptchaPlugin
Some new symfony powered websites
- TearSong: personal website of Marjolein van Elteren. Weblog, mashup with Flickr and Ma.Gnolia
They talked about us
- Symfony: path to upload directory, other sf_* config values
- Enlaces Symfony (20-7-2007)
- DÃ©marrer un projet Symfony
- How-to: Integrando Symfony e SugarCRM
- Charla taller de Symfony en Bariloche (Argentina)
- Freshbooks Plugin for Symfony
- Albero ajax
- Confrontare due campi della stessa tabella con Propel
- DevGG - digg-like service to manage own RSSs
- Installation de Symfony
- Dynamically adjusting your page title in symfony
- SymfonyCamp, un campamento dedicado a Symfony
- SymfonyCamp - a new event for Symfony-minded people
- New Symfony plugin: sfSimpleCMSPlugin
- Symfony, un lego in Php5
- sfSimpleCMSPlugin, gestor de contenidos para Symfony
- Symfony init-batch
- Something I like about Symfonyâ€™s plugins
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.