3 years after: symfony 1.0 Last release!
– January 27, 2010
– 19 comments
The 27th of January is kind of an important date in mankind history. Of course, everybody know it is the birthday of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and the date of the invention of the light-bulb by Thomas Edison. To this list, the core team is proud to add the last release of the symfony 1.0 branch: symfony 1.0.22.
Who remembers this blog post, it was 3 years ago in February 2007:
« Symfony is more mature than ever, faster than ever, and more configurable and extendable than ever. A lot of websites officially declare using symfony, and we know of dozens of other applications, either Intranet or Internet, running symfony without any problem. The symfony framework is definitely ready to power complex web 2.0 applications with a lot of users. »
The job has been successfully done for 3 long years:
- 163,889 lines of PHP compatible from PHP 5.0
- 22 stable releases
- more than 200 bugs fixed
- more than 300 compatible plugins
- hundred and hundred sites still using askeet code ;)
What about now? Well, of course for all of us who have coded with sf 1.4 it would be a pain to deal with sf1.0 forms and validation, Propel 1.2, old command line, old routing format, old old old... but it's because we have been using sf1.0 a lot that we could spot possible enhancements and make sf1.x a successful story. It is now time for symfony 1.0 to retire and let sf1.4 be the new LTS release.
The core team would like to thank all of you using symfony, all of those who did participate to this tremendous adventure... there is more to come!
Changelog: This is the last bug fix release.
- r26992: replaced prototype 1.5.0 with 126.96.36.199 (security fix)
- r24622: allowed I18N functions with __toString methods
- r24619: fixed incorrect array access of lastModified header
- r23984: not setting status header for servers in cgi-sapi
- r23886: fixed notice on undefined uri in sfCacheFilter (fixes #6514)
- r23725: stimulating autoloading in sfFunctionCache
- r23543: fixed deprecated use of split for PHP 5.3 (closes #7509)
- r22498: removed different formatting for currency symbol