A Week of Symfony #794 (14-20 March 2022)
This week, Symfony announced the merging of SymfonyCloud into Platform.sh. In addition, SymfonyCasts published the new (and free) Symfony 6 video tutorials. Finally, SymfonyCon Disneyland Paris 2022 conference announced the end of its early bird registration period.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 26 pull requests were merged (21 in code and 5 in docs) and 17 issues were closed (13 in code and 4 in docs). Excluding merges, 16 authors made 1,512 additions and 236 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- c1aa7b5: [Console] fix compact table style to avoid outputting a leading space
- a2cfd7e: [PropertyInfo] strip only leading backslash when unknown docType
- 676325b: [Mailer] use recipients in sendmail transport
- 172bf0f: [Lock] SemaphoreStore catching exception from sem_get
- ed9f973: [Mailer] fix stringify from address for ses+api transport
- 5b56d4e: [RateLimiter] fix rate serialization for long intervals (monthly and yearly)
- 326944d: [ErrorHandler] ignore @return when there is a @template
- 5b46cb9: [Serializer] fix nested deserialization_path computation when there is no metadata for the attribute
- b0b5ff7: [Security] throw access denied if CurrentUser cannot be resolved instead of a 500
- d6be0d9: [HttpKernel] add generics to ArgumentMetadata::getAttributes
- db99c07: [HttpFoundation] improve Cookie constructor to use constant
- 43a9a3c: [WebProfilerBundle] display email recipients in Profiler
- a037eca: [Security] make use of the new getAttributesOfType method
- 9a29631: [HttpClient] Add resolve to copy as cURL
- 912ceb7: [ErrorHandler, HttpKernel] read SYMFONY_IDE to render exception in case of fatal error
- 16f0668: [Console] add completion values to input definition
- 7248e16: [DependencyInjection] add Autowire parameter attribute
- 68fa5a5: [Config] add comment on array methods
Newest issues and pull requests
- Add various return-typed getters to ParameterBag
- [Messenger] Randomize worker stop limits (limit, time-limit)
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) Symfony 6 course, Chapter 3: Routes, Controllers & Responses
- (Video) Symfony 6 course, Chapter 4: Wildcard Routes
- (Video) Symfony 6 course, Chapter 5: Symfony Flex: Aliases, Packs & Recipes
- (Video) Symfony 6 course, Chapter 6: Flex Recipes
- (Video) EasyAdmin course, Chapter 24: Override all the Templates!
- (Video) EasyAdmin course, Chapter 29: The Filter System
- (Video) EasyAdmin course, Chapter 30: Multiple Cruds for a Single Entity?
- (Video) EasyAdmin course, Chapter 31: Extending with Events
They talked about us
- Using Symfony Form in WordPress
- Symfony, elasticsearch and docker environment
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 18 March 2022
- Using PHPStan with Symfony - static analysis for better PHP code quality
- Today I Learnt — Twig and Services
- How to inject multiple instances of an interface in a service
- Envoyer des e-mails transactionnels avec un service tiers sous Symfony
- Le pattern Décorateur avec Symfony
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.