A Week of Symfony #801 (2-8 May 2022)
This week, Symfony continued fixing bugs on its upcoming Symfony 6.1 version. We also finished some new features for it, such as the support for Monolog 3. In addition, Symfony shut down the legacy infrastructure of Symfony Flex, because most people have already upgraded and the migration process is simple for those who haven't upgraded yet.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 40 pull requests were merged (19 in code and 21 in docs) and 39 issues were closed (17 in code and 22 in docs). Excluding merges, 26 authors made 940 additions and 579 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- b368ce1: [EventDispatcher] fix removing listeners when using first-class callable syntax
- 4338337: [Console] better required argument check in InputArgument
- 932520c: [Workflow] fix deprecated syntax for interpolated strings
- df2d674: [DoctrineBridge] treat zero first result like null
- a780f57: [HttpKernel] fix SessionListener without session in request
- 37b8077: [Translation] refresh local translations on PushCommand if the provider has domains
- 13350dc: [MonologBridge] add support for Monolog 3
- 0e6fc82: [DependencyInjection] fix resolving parameters found in #[Autowire]
- c0dbb90: [HtmlSanitizer] fix node renderer handling of self-closing (void) elements
- 7e9e713: [Service Contracts] add generics to ServiceProviderInterface
Newest issues and pull requests
- [RFC] Observability component
- [RFC] Resiliency component
- [Serializer] Improve ExtraAttributesException usefulness: provide attributes path
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) Upgrading & What's New in Symfony 6! course, Chapter 7: Recipe Upgrades: Part 2!
- (Video) Upgrading & What's New in Symfony 6! course, Chapter 8: Upgrading Encore and your assets/ Setup
- (Video) Upgrading & What's New in Symfony 6! course, Chapter 9: Upgrading to PHP 8
In addition, it announced that a new course is in the planning stages: Symfony 6 Fundamentals: Services, Config & Environments
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 29 April 2022
- Symfony 5+ how to view dump output with AJAX requests
- Symfony without Request
- Get started with Symfony 6 for beginners
- Develop Apps Using Symfony & React in Perfect Harmony
- En tant que développeur, Symfony est mon framework de prédilection
- Quable à la SymfonyLive 2022
- Symfony-Less, ou comment rendre son code indépendant du framework PHP Symfony: introduction
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Help the Symfony project!
As with any Open-Source project, contributing code or documentation is the most common way to help, but we also have a wide range of sponsoring opportunities.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.