A Week of Symfony #841 (6-12 February 2023)
This week, Symfony development activity focused on fixing bugs on stable branches. Meanwhile, the upcoming Symfony 6.3 version improved the Bootstrap 5 form theme and switched to a faster hashing algorithm. Lastly, the SymfonyLive Paris 2023 conference published its entire schedule.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 65 pull requests were merged (39 in code and 26 in docs) and 40 issues were closed (20 in code and 20 in docs). Excluding merges, 25 authors made contributions. See details for code and docs.
- 5f8c7eb: stop using assertObjectHasAttribute()/assertObjectHasNotAttribute()
- 7d3175e, 59f2eba: [Tests] migrate data providers to static ones
- fd2f680: [Serializer] fix CsvEncoder decode on empty data
- aec2271: use TestCase suffix for abstract tests
- aefdf42: [Mailer] add Sender to the list of bypassed headers
- ec8d458: [HttpClient] fix over-encoding of URL parts to match browser's behavior
- f988bdd: [Notifier, WebProfilerBundle] ignore messages whose getNotification returns null
- d75f031: [HttpClient] fix data collector
- 01409a5: [FrameworkBundle] fix checkboxes check assertions
- 41ed4aa: [FrameworkBundle] improve error message in MicroKernelTrait when using deprecated configureRoutes() method
- 0725a16: [DependencyInjection] keep proxy tag on original definition when decorating
- 86ee658: [Cache] fix Redis proxies
- bd4c57f: [Intl] generate all emoji short name returned by Slack API
- f910435: [VarExporter] fix lazy-proxying readonly classes on PHP 8.3
- 50e2de9: [Form] check for RepeatedType child in PasswordHasherListener
- d0ef4f0: [TwigBridge] improve form_errors of bootstrap5 form theme
- 3e79a27: [Intl] fix script to update emoji list + build the list
- 01864ed: [Security] return 403 instead of 500 when no firewall is defined
- 55ab0ee: [Cache] sync RelayProxy with latest lazy-proxy changes
- f1f0c2f: [Validator] LuhnValidator code optimization
- 7d9a82f: use xxh128 instead of md5
- 49b6ab8: [Messenger] allow passing a string instead of an array in TransportNamesStamp
- d07cd3f: [Notifier] introduce FromNotificationInterface for MessageInterface implementations
- 039e883: [Notifier] make "from" optional in Smsapi
Newest issues and pull requests
- Enhance security by issuing a Clear-Site-Data header on logout
- Add a normalization step for the user-identifier in firewalls
- [HttpFoundation] Add getSanitizedName() method to UploadedFile
- [HttpClient] allow upload in form to be transfer-encoded with base64
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) API Platform 3: Mythically Good RESTful APIs, Chapter 11: Serialization Tricks
- (Video) API Platform 3: Mythically Good RESTful APIs, Chapter 12: Pagination & Foundry Fixtures
- (Video) API Platform 3: Mythically Good RESTful APIs, Chapter 13: Filters: Searching Results
- (Video) API Platform 3: Mythically Good RESTful APIs, Chapter 14: PropertyFilter: Sparse Fieldsets
- (Video) API Platform 3: Mythically Good RESTful APIs, Chapter 15: More Formats: HAL & CSV
- (Video) API Platform 3: Mythically Good RESTful APIs, Chapter 16: Validation
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 10 February 2023
- How to Fix Memory Leak in Doctrine Migrations
- Fix Symfony tests with PHPUnit 10
- Making a symfony third party bundle extensible
- Serializing API outputs with Symfony serializer
- Optimizing OneToMany Doctrine collections
- How to add forms in Symfony 6
- Migrating messenger queue from Doctrine to a different transport
- Le pattern Stratégie avec Symfony
- React dans Symfony avec Vite
- Sentry’yi bir Symfony Projesi ile Entegre Etme
- Докеризируем Symfony
- Оптимизация OneToMany коллекций Doctrine
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Help the Symfony project!
As with any Open-Source project, contributing code or documentation is the most common way to help, but we also have a wide range of sponsoring opportunities.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.