A week of symfony #138 (17->23 August 2009)
Calm week for symfony core development, mostly focused on lime 2.0 tool. Meanwhile, plugins showed an intense development activity with hundreds of changesets and more than 27 updated plugins.
Development mailing list
- Discussions about functional test in forked process
- r21204: [lime 2.0] refactored internals of LimeMock to allow for more descriptive and usable error message
- r21230: [lime 2.0] added support for parallel processing in LimeTestSuite by using the --processes switch
- r21237: [lime 2.0] renamed LimeOutputConsoleDetailed to LimeOutputTap and moved plan to the bottom to improve TAP compliancy when multiple test script results are displayed
- r21252: [1.2, 1.3] fixed possible problems when dumping routes that accept complex objects
- r21263: [lime 2.0] added parser to analyze TAP compliant files in the test suite
- r21342: [lime 2.0] test output sent to STDERR is now displayed as errors in the test suite
- r21370: [lime 2.0] implemented "nice" mocks (ignoring superfluous method calls) and added the shortcuts mock() and stub() in LimeTest
- ...and many other changes
Development digest: 202 changesets, 29 bugs reported, 5 bugs fixed, 5 enhancements suggested, 3 enhancements closed, 1 documentation defect reported, 1 documentation defect fixed, and 15 documentation edits.
- Updated Spanish, and Italian translations of Jobeet tutorial
- Updated 1 day 1 ticket, and Why Shared Hosting Is (Usually) Not Secure, And How To Address That Problem pages
New Job Postings
- Symfony developer at Grupo Mercantis - full-time freelance preferably in Spain - Contact: daniel [dot] grifol [at] grupomercantis [dot] com
- Yanko Simeonoff (firstname.lastname@example.org): a developer located in Bulgaria. Working with PHP since 2004. I have 2 years of experience developing in Symfony.
New symfony bloggers
- New plugins
- sfNewsletterSolutionsPlugin: (no description)
- sfPropelApplyPlugin: migration of the sfDoctrineApplyPlugin.
- sfTestsToXUnitPlugin: adds a new task which runs all unit and functional tests, and formats the output into XUnit format for CruiseControl, phpUnderControl, etc.
- uvmcDoctrineTaskExtraPlugin: adds delete-files-of-model task in the doctrine namespace, which deletes all the files related to a model: Filters, Forms, Tables and Model classes.
- sfMediaBrowserPlugin: (no description)
- caPropelNestedSetManagerPlugin: nested set manager with useful features made with AJAX: add the node to the parent, delete node, edit node, move the node to another location, extensibility and adaptation to your function and implemented i18n and i10n.
- agActasHtmlHolderPlugin: (no description)
- teUrlToAssetPlugin: allows convenient access to "page-specific" assets (images, flash files, documents, etc.) by mapping a URL to a directory structure and via simple hierarchy finding the most applicable asset, if any.
- sfFacebookConnectPlugin: (no description)
- seSwiftMailerPlugin: fixes
- caSimpleGalleryPlugin: first stable release
- uvmcSolrSearchPlugin: now you can add documents into a collection before adding them to the solr service, added uvmc_solr.add_document_to_collection and uvmc_solr.add_collection events
- sfUnobstrusiveWidgetPlugin: fixed bug when use input text instead select, refactored i18n feature
- sfEasyAuthPlugin: added a feature to require email addresses to be confirmed before allowing users to log in, made a better distinction between an enabled account and an active one, moved remaining error strings to app.yml file, the password min length is now configurable, added a callable for sending email confirmation emails to, created a template for sending email confirmation emails, added events to allow extending the plugin, updated documentation, working on a redirection filter, removed the redirect plugin since it is no longer needed during authentication, users are now redirected to the page they were trying to access if they don't have the right credentials, updated project schema, changed the easy auth inheritance hierarchy to enable users to insert methods into the sfEasyAuthUser class without touching the plugin directly
- sfDataGridPlugin: changed FOREIGN KEY RETRIEVE TABLE by sfInflector::underscore()
- sfExtjsThemePlugin: added sortable param, added fixed parameter to list, added baseParams to config for ComboBoxAutoLoad, updated foreignfieldcolumn to support baseParams, added menuDisabled for columnModel config, added back in gridView override, fixed column disable and menudisable in the gridview override
- sfDoctrineApplyPlugin: I18n coverage improvements
- diemPlugin: allowed record method usage in admin generator list title, finished auto seo (relative / absolute url construction), ensured cross-apps links consistency, improved dmOs::join performances, fixed embedded media forms, finished differential seo automatic synchronisation with project model
- wspNopastePlugin: added getNoPasswordCriterion method, fixed retrieveOrderedByCreated not retrieving password protected entries
- pkMediaCMSSlotsPlugin: added an unbind event when clicking links inside the slideshow descriptions so that the parent click event doesn't fire, PDF and still images slots now support the title and description options just like slideshow slots do, added button slots, protect certain slot types from the direct superimposition of editing controls over the top of the content, updated documentation
- sfUPSShippingPlugin: fixed bug in xml data extraction
- sfUploadManagerPlugin: refactoring
- wfWebDebugFormPlugin: added web panel listener, base panel class and basic image for the web debug panel
- sfZendMailPlugin: fixed a syntax bug in the sendMail method when executing the action, added new module to send emails via ajax post with json response, updated README example
- rsfResponseValidatorPlugin: added a configuration value to disable validation on an application level, updated documentation
- swToolboxPlugin: beta version of error translation management
- mgI18nPlugin: try to parse action file to detect notice file, added parsing of lib folder
- prestaSitemapPlugin: updated README
- ysfYUIPlugin: upgraded YUI to 2.7.0, fixed loadHelpers calls, refactored debug toolbar, updated package + license + default config, refactored event handling to happen later in execution and avoid caching, added more options to yui helpers, added simpleeditor + refactored editor widget + dependency handling
- ysfOpenPlugin: refactored open id handling, tweaked openid user id, ignore ssl errors in debug mode, added oauth clients for google, twitter, tweaked yahoo client, imported open source vendor libs: oauth, openid, opensocial
- ysfDimensionsPlugin: made dimensions cache auto-detect apc/eaccellerator
- sfLucenePlugin: write to the log when solr raise an error, do not throw an exception anymore
- sfJqueryFormValidationPlugin: fixed bug where non-named form was not validating
- sfDoctrineUserPlugin: added an onDelete option for the User's relationship to GuardUser
- camper-usato.com: (Italian) sell your camper
- nautica-usata.com: (Italian) sell your boats
- Bilgaraget.com: (English, and Swedish) buy and sell second hand cars
They talked about us
- Securing multi-user CRUD operations through the myUser class in Symfony
- Ajout dynamique d'inputs [autocompletion part 2]
- Pense bête d'accès aux différents paramètres
- Écrire un behavior doctrine (actAs)
- Liste d'objets ordonnable via AJAX partie 1 bis
- Create a pictures gallery with symfony in the admin
- Love or Hate ?
- A sfValidator to convert a date from a given pattern to a SQL friendly pattern (Symfony 1.2)
- Automatically delete the old model files that Doctrine generated
- Capifony. Или деплоим symfony проект через Capistrano
- quick note : cache your routes in development
- Symfony 1.3 project:deploy (sync) task: Output not missing, it's improved (but hiding)!
- A note on approach to communicate with multiple databases in symfony
- override form of symfony model
- handling checkboxes in symfony forms 1.2
- escaping output in symfony – wtf is going on????
- Symfony 1.2
- Виджет многоуровневого выбора в symfony и doctrine (Deep Choice in the Symfony and Doctrine)
- symfony textarea widget érdekesség
- Symfony on my Mac
- A short blurb on using sfGuardPlugin credentials
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.