A week of symfony #195 (20->26 September 2010)
This week, the activity of the symfony developers' mailing list soared with lots of interesting discussions. Among many other topics, developers discussed about Symfony2 default template engine (PHP or Twig) and the default configuration format (PHP, XML or YAML). Remember that this mailing list is the best place to get the latest news from Symfony2 and to influence its future development.
Development mailing list
- [Symfony2] Default to Twig?
- Symfony2 forms: feedback from symfony 1
- Controller Dependency Injection
- Default format for configurations
symfony 1 development highlights
- r30951: [1.3, 1.4] fixed WDT injects multiple times
- Milestone 1.3.7 completed
- Milestone 1.4.7 completed
- r30966: [1.3, 1.4] updated Slovenian translations for Doctrine and Propel messages
- r30967: [1.3, 1.4] fixed i18n support for traditional chinese
- r30968: [1.3, 1.4] fixed Persian Translation of admin generator
- r30969: [1.3, 1.4] added more translations to german and italian translations
Activity summary: 64 changesets, 21 bugs reported, 4 bugs fixed, 3 enhancements suggested, 1 enhancement closed, 8 documentation defects reported, 1 documentation defect fixed, and 4 documentation edits
Symfony2 development highlights
- 5f9c365: [DoctrineMongoDBBundle] fixed formatting of booleans in query log
- e6bff04: [DoctrineMongoDBBundle] added a quick profiler panel
- 71cc3a7: [Form] avoid double-escape and then unescape (using the fourth parameter of htmlspecialchars)
- 2862c6c: refactored configuration names (have a look at the skeleton for how to upgrade)
- 82f6a68: [Validator] allow DateTime objects as valid DateTimes
- 2d80788: [FrameworkBundle] added support for services as controllers
- f3993b4: added width, height, alt tags for all images used in web profilers (for proper html)
- d62befd: [FrameworkBundle] fixed Filesystem when used within a phar archive
- 69b538b: [FrameworkBundle] removed the app:init command
- sfDoctrineFaq: allows you to embed a FAQ module within your symfony application with backend modules to manage categories and questions.
- sfMultiTenant: allows you to create a multi-tenant-aware application. The plugin lets you add a tenant identifier column & reference the Tenant model, populate the tenant identifier column when saving records and adapt select queries to filter records for a tenant.
- sfAuditable: allows you to automatically create audit fields in the model (e.g. created_by, updated_by, ...) and populate user details in these fields when a row is created or updated.
- sfActivateable: allows you to automatically create a is_active flag (or name of your choice), create timestamp & user detail fields (e.g. activated_by, activated_at, ...) and populate timestamps & user details when is_active flag is toggled on a record.
- sfObjectLink: allows you to identify the object type & object owning the record in the model by automatically create obj_type_id & obj_id fields on the model which need to be programatically populated.
- sfCk: offers an unobtrousive integration between the CK WYSIWYG editor and symfony.
- sfGagatemplate: integrates Gagatemplate engine in symfony.
- sfAdminHijack: simple JQuery widget for doctrine one-to-many relations that "hijacks" a generated admin module for its functionality.
- smagBootstrap: reads and parses tasks from a yaml file and executes them.
- sfGoogleChart: allows the use the Google Chart API in your symfony project.
- improved error checking on asset file/folder deletion
- made small changes to default list view
- updated README with instruction on how to customize list view layout
- improved error checking on asset/folder creating, moving, renaming, deleting operations
- updated documentation
- fixed moveToLast failed because of "moveToPosition requires an Integer as the new position
- fixed moveToPosition moving down failed because of integrity constraint violation
- added subnav
- checking for images relation rather than assuming it
- added slot to indicate the page being show for use with a nav menu on-state
- added filterinputdate widget
- added allowClear and defaultValue to ux.TwinDateField
- fixed quoting of iconCls for edit and list action buttons when iconCls is in the generator configuration
- changed buildQuery and filter classes to support adding queryMethods and with statements before the form criteria is created
- preparations for using sfAssetsLibraryPlugin as browser for CK Editor
- added to documentation how to use sfAssetsLibraryPlugin with CK Editor
- fixed bug in getTaggings() when a non existing tag is requested
- added unit tests
- fixed bug in getRelatedTags()
- changed findOrCreateByTagname() so that it is not static anymore
- in the case of a local disk filesystem, the cache method now returns the original filename, as caching is useless
- modified sample task short description
- added filter to prevent throwing exception on non-textual :input elements
- enhanced to use `System / Dev / Server` admin action available in production environment
- re-ordered a media item portion of the migration task
- categories have been refactored (Apostrophe now has one set of categories, replacing the redundant implementations for the media repository and the blog plugin)
- fixed overlay bug where the edit button for a selected image in a slideshow could not be clicked
- fixed markup for Download Original button
- implemented migration of existing category refclass data
- fixed migrations for existing categories and assignments of existing media items to categories
- getAllTagNameForUserWithCount now respects the pre-filtered categories for media engines
- added the File slot, which is similar to the PDF slot (now deprecated) but allows any downloadable media type, thus providing a nice way to call attention to other file types
- the apostrophe:migrate hooks that add blog plugin tables were accidentally disabled
- categories have been refactored, moving quite a bit of code upstairs to apostrophePlugin
They talked about us
- Symfony2 PR3
- JustMarried : mise en place du projet Symfony2
- Interesting symfony plugins: sfBehatPlugin
- Symfony CMF
- sfAdminHijackPlugin – Hijacking a symfony admin module to manage doctrine one-to-many relations with JQuery modal dialogs
- Propel 1.6 + phpsh = Awesome CLI to your Database
- Conférencier à l'OSDC et Forum PHP 2010
- Propel2 and Doctrine2: Together but not scrambled
- A quick start guide for sfImageTransformExtraPlugin (for use with doctrine or propel records)
- Rilasciato symfony 1.4.7
- Interview with Frantisek Troster and Ludek Vodicka (Inventic)
- sfAdminHijackPlugin – How a hijacked symfony admin module will look like
- To JCR or not: Choosing the right persistence solution for the Symfony CMF
- Speaking at the International PHP Conference and SymfonyDay
- Rilasciato symfony 1.4.8
- Se publican Symfony 1.3.8 y 1.4.8
- symfony 1.3.8 and 1.4.8 released and available at ServerGrove
- symfony で Web API を実装するときのポイントいくつか | tech.kayac.com – KAYAC engineers’ blog
- symfony で Web API を実装するときのポイントいくつか
- Here is my 2 cents on Doctrine (ORM)
- symfony 1.4を試してみて気になった事
- Overview of PHPEdit extension for Symfony
- Symfony mit schnellem Bugfix
- Mac OS X & Symfony – problem z build-all
- Include partial from app/template directory in symfony
- sfMobileIPPluginをsymfony 1.4で使ってみた
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.