A week of symfony #36 (3->9 September 2007)
Busy week for symfony: 1.0.7 version released, SymfonyCamp 2007, lots of job postings, lots of new symfony powered websites and frenetic plugin activity.
This week also marks a new milestone for development: the 5000th changeset. The honor goes to Dave Dash user and "sfGuardPlugin: default algorithm is now sha1 not \asha1\a (closes Ticket #2189)" changeset. The first changeset was the initial import of symfony on 10/18/2005.
Development mailing list
- r4957: refactored objects creation and initialization (removed newInstance() methods, construct() now calls initialize())
- r4961: added a new auto_shutdown option for classes that have a shutdown() method
- Milestone 1.0.7 completed
- r5001: fixed sfBasicSecurityFilter should not secure the "secure" action either
- r5002: fixed sfBasicSecurityFilter should not secure the "secure" action either (closes #1061)
- r5016: added a new sfNamespacedParameterHolder, the old sfParameterHolder does not support namespace anymore, changed all parameter and attribute older to use the simple sfParameterHolder except for user attributes
- r5018: emoved context dependency for sf*ViewParameterHolder, added a new template.filter_parameters event
- r5021: small refactoring for redirect and send() method
- r5022: small refactoring to the sfExecutionFilter::handleView method
- r5024: changed view class management in sfController
- r5025: refactored template and layout management between action and view
- Updated dwhittle branch
- ...and many other changes
Development digest: 74 changesets, 30 defects created, 21 defects closed, 15 enhancements created, 7 enhancement closed, 2 documentation defects created, 4 documentation defects closed and 22 documentation edits.
Book and documentation
- Created How to Optimize Symfony for "Hello World" Benchmark, How To Install Pear On Windows With Wamp, Installing Symfony on Shared Host 1and1.com, Ticket Workflow pages
- Updated CheatSheets, ComparingPropelAndDoctrine
- Advances in polish, dutch, french and deutsch translations of the book
- New Job Postings:
- Senior Symfony Developer - TAPEO_2007_PROJECT (September 2007) - $5,300 for 20 work days - Freelance must be located in Lyon, France - Send your resume to alexis [dot] lewalle [at] gmail [dot] com
- Web Applications Developer - GBP 19,841 - GBP 21,682 per annum - Full-time based in Ormskirk, Lancashire, UK - more details
- Symfony Developer - Trillian Consulting - Telecommute or work out of our office in Toronto, Canada - We have complete non-working prototype, detailed requirements and database design, You would use Symfony to create working website - Contact: info [at] trillian [dot] ca
- Web 2.0 Developer - BorgSolutions, Inc. - full-time based in Austin, TX (USA) - More info, Contact: careers [at] borgsolutions [dot] com
- Symfony Developer - UncommonCruises - Telecommute or work out of our office in Vancouver, Canada - Contact: info [at] uncommoncruises [dot] com
- Symfony + Web 2.0 Developer - XentechWeb - Time paid per hour in $500 installments - Any english speaking candidate world wide is great - Projects will use Symfony as a base and can include your choice of Ajax, Flash, Toolkits, Google API - Contact: geoffrey [at] xentechweb [dot] com [dot] au
- New developers for hire:
- Tschitschereengreen: we are focussing on rapid development of web portals and are a service provider for VC- and Business Angel financed Ventures and StartUps. We are working concurrently with Symfony, Ruby on Rails und Django depending on the requirements. Based in Dresden, Germany.
- P'unk Avenue: design and web development agency in Philadelphia, PA. We have been using symfony to build custom applications for our clients since early 2006.
- New symfony bloggers:
- New plugins
- sfSimpleNewsPlugin: allows you to manage news in your web site with a few clicks.
- sfXSLTViewPlugin: use XSL templates with symfony
- sfSimplePageControllerPlugin: enables to work with pages and page areas. You can define areas in your layout template and fill them with arbitrary actions and components. You can turn an action into a page.
- sfHamlViewPlugin: gives you the ability to use the Haml template engine (originally in Ruby) with your symfony project
- sfProjectExportPlugin: freezes and export project without .svn folders
- sfPropel13Plugin: allows you to use Propel 1.3 (beta) in symfony 1.0
- sfPropelActAsRatableBehaviorPlugin: provides rating capabilities to any Propel object with the help of a dedicated Propel behavior
- sfPropelPollsPlugin: allows to make polls easily
- sfContactFormPlugin: put a simple contact form (sfCryptographpPlugin-enabled) in your website with a click
- Updated plugins
- sfDoctrine: updated to latest Doctrine revision, quick fix: made "lockmode" a comment in doctrine.yml, renamed 'vld' into 'validate'
- sfSimpleForumPlugin: released 0.6.1 beta version; added Sticky post feature (based on a patch from beleneglorion)
- sfGuardPlugin: added a ->isSuperAdmin() method to the User class, changed signout actions, so it doesn't require to be authenticated. sfGuardGroup: patched so default templates are more i18n capable (closes #1662)
- sfSimpleCMSPlugin: released 0.7.2 Beta version
- sfSimpleBlogPlugin: fixed problem with app.yml config not being taken into account
- sfPropelActAsSluggableBehaviorPlugin: automates the generation of 'slugs' based on the return value of a model method
- sfPropelSpamTagBehaviorPlugin: provides a new Propel behavior related to spam filtering on records
- Updated sfPageFlowPlugin, sfGuardPlugin documentation
Some new symfony powered websites
- PLAtec: (french) tailor-made plasterboard solutions
- Weinwurm's Weine: multilanguage website for a wine producer in lower Austria
- Golfgreen: website for a golf consultant. Partly dynamic, features a customized Google map mashup
- GoSports: website for a tabletennis shop. Features a completely dynamic shop solution
- Rama Idee!: a product site with lots of information and games for children and parents
- EP Immobilientreuhand GmbH: (german) real estate website with lots of useful features. User registration, Search profiles, SMS and E-mail notifications and much more.
- Nespresso Greets Milk: (german) symfony powered website for a Nespresso dealer event.
- Weingut Esterhazy: (German, English, Hungarian) presentation Website for the famous Esterhazy vinery.
- Mobimenti: a presentation for an Austrian interior designer, the site is completely dynamic and the flash menu is also created dynamically
- Le Web Accessible: (french) Jean-François Naud's blog about web quality, accessibility and PHP developement
- Buzz-Achat.com: (french) blog which list promotional codes for online stores
They talked about us
- Symfony PHP Framework - My first 10 months
- Understanding Behaviors
- A week of symfony #35 (27 August -> 2 September 2007)æ—¥æœ¬èªžè¨³
- Una semana con Symfony #8 (27 Agosto - 2 Septiembre 2007)
- Using Flash Upload with PHP & symfony
- Subiendo archivos con Flash y Symfony
- Countdown zum Symfony-Camp
- symfony 1.0.7ãŒãƒªãƒªãƒ¼ã‚¹
- Se publica Symfony 1.0.7
- Nuevos talleres Symfony en París
- El framework Symfony, una introducción práctica (I parte)
- Symfony-Camp, Teil 1, Symfony-Camp, Teil 2, Symfony-Camp, Teil 3, Symfony-Camp, Teil 4, Symfony-Camp, Teil 5 - eine kurzer Zwischenruf
- Crónica del SymfonyCamp 2007
- Crónica visual del SymfonyCamp 2007
- Propel Criteria Builder
- Lo que nos espera con Symfony 1.1
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.