A Week of Symfony #619 (5-11 November 2018)
This week, the upcoming Symfony 4.2 version added the loadEnv() method to replace the newly introduced loadForEnv() method. In addition a new Application::bootstrapEnv() method was introduced to define APP_ENV/APP_DEBUG from argv. Finally, the SymfonyCon Lisbon 2018 conference announced a scholarship program and a fundraising campaign.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 37 pull requests were merged (30 in code and 7 in docs) and 37 issues were closed (36 in code and 1 in docs). Excluding merges, 29 authors made 1,479 additions and 791 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 46e3745: [HttpFoundation] replaced any preexisting Content-Type headers
- f898332: [DependencyInjection] don't track classes/interfaces used to compute autowiring error messages
- 6cfd3de: fixed ini_get() for boolean values
- 69ae468: [DependencyInjection] fixed GraphvizDumper ignoring inline definitions
- 41eaba5: [VarDumper] fixed dump of closures created from callables
- 6006448: [DependencyInjection] fixed dumping inlined services
- d74a4eb: [Dotenv] don't use getenv() to read SYMFONY_DOTENV_VARS
- ca5b64d: [Serializer] allowed null values when denormalizing with constructor missing data
- 8cd0538: [HttpFoundation] added samesite attribute to session cookie after session migration
- 626a610: [Routing] fixed dumping conditions that use the request
- 664a032: [Dotenv] added loadEnv() as a smoother alternative to loadForEnv()
- 9253199: [FrameworkBundle] define APP_ENV/APP_DEBUG from argv via Application::bootstrapEnv()
- 1b82e56: [OptionsResolver] micro optimizations and simplifications
Newest issues and pull requests
- [WebProfilerBundle] Inject unsafe-eval into the CSP if the VarDumper is used
- PHP's RFC to Preload Classes and Symfony
- Make resource factories meaningful
- [RFC] Allow several stamps of the same kind on an Envelope
- [RFC][Messenger] Buffered Message Bus Implementation Considerations
- [RFC] Improve error reporting when a message cannot be serialized using Messenger
- [RFC][Dotenv] Introduce DOTENV_OVERLOAD
They talked about us
- Decoupling your application User entity from Symfony’s security
- Easy image uploading with Symfony 4 (without bundles)
- Do you Autowire Services in Symfony? You can Autowire Parameters Too
- From RabbitMq to PhpEnqueue via Symfony Messenger
- Doctrine and Symfony, setup and usage tutorial
- Creating a modern web application using Symfony API Platform
- Sylius custom theme development – Setting up workflow powered with webpack and Symfony 4 best practices
- Generando PDF’s con Symfony
- Autentificación y autorización de usuarios con sesión compartida en una arquitectura de microservicios
- Login: autenticação e autorização
- Symfony 4 : Gestion utilisateurs sans FOSUserBundle v2018 : Chapitre 1
Upcoming Symfony Events
- Symfony User Group Cologne: Cologne, Germany (November 14, 2018)
- Symfony 4.2 and Patterns in Doctrine: Berlin, Germany (November 28, 2018)
- Treffen der Symfony User Group Hamburg: Hamburg, Germany (December 4, 2018)
- Symfony India Meetup 2018: Noida, India (December 15, 2018)
- Symfony Meetup I / 2019: Frankfurt am Main, Germany (January 22, 2019)
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Follow Symfony on Medium and clap for this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.