A Week of Symfony #646 (13-19 May 2019)
This week Symfony continued polishing the upcoming Symfony 4.3 version with the addition of a cache to improve PropertyInfo performance. In addition, the Symfony local web server started publishing its releases on GitHub, so you can watch that repository to not miss any release. Lastly, a special Amsterdam PHP Meetup was announced for June 20th in anticipation of the SymfonyCon Amsterdam 2019 conference.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 37 pull requests were merged (24 in code and 13 in docs) and 28 issues were closed (21 in code and 7 in docs). Excluding merges, 26 authors made 1,179 additions and 478 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 01964c8: [Validator] updated the Danish translations
- 721d721: [Debug] wrap call to require_once in a try/catch
- 5355629: [Routing] fixed utf-8 encoding in default route name in AnnotationClassLoader
- 365a390: [Doctrine] respect parent class contract in ContainerAwareEventManager
- ef7ff67: [HttpFoundation] prevent deprecation when filesize matches error code
- b7cd925: [Validator] skip readonly properties in autovalidation
- 0d196c4: [Doctrine, PropertyInfo] detect if the ID is writeable
- 3a17701: [FrameworkBundle] add cache configuration for PropertyInfo
- a326acc: [Form] added intl/choice_translation_locale option to TimezoneType
- 48233b0: [DependencyInjection] default to service id and not FQCN when building tagged locators
- c5772ae: [Serializer] deprecate calling createChildContext without the format parameter
- b563fe6: [Console] optimisation getting the command when finding
- 5bf7759: [FrameworkBundle] mention that the described service has been removed in debug:container
Newest issues and pull requests
- RFC: Remove the main composer.json file in Symfony 5
- [RFC][DX] Defaulting missing env variables to empty string
- [Workflow] Support for getting a workflow from registry using a class instead of an instance
- [RFC] Exclude patterns of controllers from being imported
- [Annotations] @IsGranted with array type subject
They talked about us
- How to use persistent connections with Redis for Symfony Cache with PHP-FPM
- Don't Ever use Symfony Listeners
- User permission and Symfony Validator
- Symfony: cómo resolver una dependencia circular
- Nuevo en Symfony 4.3: Opciones de enrutamiento más simples
- Nuevo en Symfony 4.3: Validación de elementos únicos
- Nuevo en Symfony 4.3: Validación automática
- Faire une application temps-réel: à la découverte de Mercure
Upcoming Symfony Events
- Symfony 4.3 & Mailer & HttpClient: Berlin, Germany (May 28)
- #18 Supercharge your Symfony App: Bucharest, Romania (May 29)
- Symfony Meetup III / 2019: Frankfurt, Germany (May 28)
- Etwas mit FormTypes, AWS und der Unsplash-API: Hamburg, Germany (June 4)
Call to Action
- Give Symfony a star on GitHub
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Follow Symfony on Medium and clap for this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.