A Week of Symfony #678 (23-29 December 2019)
This week, Symfony 4.4 migrated the server:log command away from the deprecated WebServerBundle. Meanwhile, the upcoming Symfony 5.1 version merged several performance improvements, such as adding an array cache in front of the serializer cache. In addition, it improved developer experience when using Search, Email and Tel form types.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 26 pull requests were merged (23 in code and 3 in docs) and 22 issues were closed (19 in code and 3 in docs). Excluding merges, 22 authors made 1,071 additions and 97 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 1908434: [Console] fixed filtering out identical alternatives when there is a command loader
- 0102ff4: [Validator] added the missing translations for the Chinese (Taiwan) (zh_TW) locale
- cee47ce: [Translation] use locale_parse() for computing fallback locales
- 8855082: [Messenger] use spaces correctly to display options in DebugCommand
- 9876de2: [VarDumper] fixed undefined index argv when using CliContextProvider
- b6403d8: [Cache] do not overwrite variable value
- f3d8fd2: [HttpClient] fixed scheduling pending NativeResponse
- aac9ca2: [DependencyInjection] handle \Closure for callable in CheckTypeDeclarationsPass
- fd81bb8: [Security] fixed missing defaults for auto-migrating encoders
- 63dd7a3: [Monolog] migrate server:log command away from WebServerBundle
- 52395db: [Notifier] added phpdoc types to supported schemes method
- 9095838: [String] removed unneeded flag in chunk regex pattern in UnicodeString
- cdaebf6: [Serializer] added array cache in front of serializer cache
- d021ff1: [String] added the reverse() method
- b138fbc: [Form] added default inputmode attribute to Search, Email and Tel form types
- 9f74fb0: [Console] improve speed NullOutput
Newest issues and pull requests
- [RFC][Config] Declarative Syntax for Config Tree Builder
- [Messenger] cannot override doctrine auto_setup via config, incorrect exception
- [Performance] provide a simpler name converter than MetadataAwareNameConverter
- Add messenger:supervisor command
They talked about us
- How we Upgraded Pehapkari.cz from Symfony 4 to 5 in 25 days
- What are your Symfony best practices?
- How to test non-deterministic code?
- Symfony India Meetup 2020
- Sylius Resource Bundle - Gérez vos entités plus simplement
- Hachez menu ces mots de passe
- Symfony4+ で Server-Sent events を使ってみよう
Upcoming Symfony Events
- Treffen der Symfony User Group Hamburg: Hamburg, Germany (January 7)
- Symfony India MeetUp #2: Noida, India (January 11)
- Symfony 5 & Schema design for e-commerce: Berlin, Germany (January 29)
Call to Action
A Week of Symfony #678 (23-29 December 2019) symfony.com/blog/a-week-of-symfony-678-23-29-december-2019Tweet this
Become a certified developer! Exams are online and available in all countries.Register Now
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.