A Week of Symfony #704 (22-28 June 2020)
This week, the upcoming Symfony 5.2 version finished the migration of its internal configuration from XML to PHP thanks to a massive effort from the Symfony community. Meanwhile, Symfony 5.2 also introduced some new options to configure HTTP Cache and configure Trusted Proxies using semantic configuration, without having to modify the front controller.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 58 pull requests were merged (31 in code and 27 in docs) and 45 issues were closed (38 in code and 7 in docs). Excluding merges, 31 authors made 3,108 additions and 1,911 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 3aa7426: [WebProfilerBundle] avoid accessibility errors on symfony web debug toolbar
- 19668b2: [VarDumper] added support for cURL handler objects
- 40152c3: [HttpFondation] changed file extension of audio/mpeg from mpga to mp3
- 9660e6b: [Validator] fixed handling typed properties as constraint options
- 9566cff: [Form] fixed guessing form types for DateTime types
- 030b10c: [Mime] check whether path is file in DataPart::fromPath()
- 98acf1c: [HttpClient] unset activity list when creating CurlResponse
- aeb0946: [Twig Bridge] made email templates responsive by default
- b3adba8: [HttpClient] added support for cURL handler objects
- 73596ef: [Messenger] directly use the driverConnection executeUpdate method
- de0563d: [BrowserKit] updated cookie test for cookie values with double quotes
- 2435013: [Security] fixed the supports() method argument type of the security voter
- b83d250: [Security] resolve event bubbling of logout + new events in a compiler pass
- 51a1820: [DependencyInjection] fixed call to sprintf in ServicesConfigurator::stack()
- 5597871: [Messenger] added support for Amazon SQS QueueUrl as DSN
- 2c9e9cd: [FrameworkBundle] allow enabling the HTTP cache using semantic configuration
- b3a313c: [DependencyInjection] deprecated Definition/Alias::setPrivate()
- a3900af, 08f47a1: [FrameworkBundle] allow configuring trusted proxies using semantic configuration
- ce8f8a5, 3308b25: [Notifier] added a SentMessage object
- fb123e4: [HttpFoundation] added HeaderUtils::parseQuery() to preserve dots in query string parameter names
- ce7e39b: [TwigBundle] deprecated the public "twig" service to private
- 213c6ab: [Notifier] throw error when more than 10 fields are specified for Slack
- 40890b1: [Form] moved configuration to PHP
- 18fcb5f: [SecurityBundle] moved security configuration to PHP
Newest issues and pull requests
- [RFC][Validator] PHP-based configuration for Validator
- [Mailer] Command to send test emails
- Consider using another source for MIME types
- Add an option to debug:container CLI command to see service usage
- [RFC][Serializer] Ability to collect denormalization failures
- [RFC][Security] Load user during CheckPassportEvent
They talked about us
- Step by step debugging with Xdebug, Symfony and PHPStorm
- Web/Symfony development environment with WSL 2 and Docker
- ¿Qué son y cómo puedo añadir herramientas de análisis estático en mis proyectos PHP?
- Débogage pas à pas avec Xdebug, Symfony et PHPStorm
- Améliorer la DX de vos Fixtures PHP
- Простое управление ACL в Symfony
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.