A Week of Symfony #713 (24-30 August 2020)
This week Symfony merged a ton of bug fixes, including changes for the upcoming PHP 8 version and polyfills for the PHPUnit 9.1 assertions. A new Semaphore component was introduced, as well as support for translatable objects.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 49 pull requests were merged (40 in code and 9 in docs) and 40 issues were closed (33 in code and 7 in docs). Excluding merges, 34 authors made 5,087 additions and 387 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- b98f2af: [Yaml] fixed more numeric cases changing in PHP 8
- 7da56f3: [PhpUnit] added polyfill for assertMatchesRegularExpression
- 8319669: [PhpUnitBridge] moved assertMatchesRegularExpression in PolyfillAssertTrait
- f4115e7: [PhpUnitBridge] polyfill new phpunit 9.1 assertions
- ac96fda: [PhpUnitBridge] create a predictable symlink pointing to the local install
- 03d494d: [PropertyInfo] backported support for typed properties
- 943cbd8: [FrameworkBundle] do not pass the base uri twice to scoped HTTP clients
- 4d6ea77: [HttpClient] throw when the response factory callable does not return a valid response
- df7950d: [Security] fixed RememberMeAuthenticator::autoLogin() logic in the authenticator
- 885390f: [DependencyInjection] fixed dumping lazy non-shared services
- fc3095f: [HttpClient] fixed chaining promises returned by HttplugClient
- 92cb709: [PropertyAccess] fixed accessing dynamic properties
- 9c86cd2: [TwigBridge] allowed null for $message of filter method trans
- efdc35c: [Serializer] add special serialization group that allows any group
- bd26785: [Notifier] added Esendex bridge
- 12330e8: [Lock] lazy create table in lock PDO store
- 4a89215: [PropertyInfo] ConstructorExtractor which has higher priority than PhpDocExtractor and ReflectionExtractor
- 160b598: [FrameworkBundle] made AbstractPhpFileCacheWarmer public
- 6d521d4: [Security] renamed provider key to firewall name
- d24f040: [Mailer] added ability to pass custom headers to Mailjet API
- ce8b497: [Semaphore] added the component
- fe4d928: [HttpClient] added an option to use the MockClient in functional tests
- 4002297: [HttpClient] fixed pausing AmpResponse
- ba98fd7: [Mailer] mplemented additional mailer transport options
- 2c4e215: [Security] also mark the authenticator security system experimental in 5.2
- 6c094cc: [PropertyInfo] fixed ReflectionExtractor::getTypesFromConstructor
- dc54cc9: [Translation] translatable objects
- 241af80: [Translation] add support for calling 'trans' with ICU formatted messages
- ba48f00: [Workflow] expose the Metadata Store in the DIC
Newest issues and pull requests
They talked about us
- Three simple testing tricks using PHP and Symfony
- JWT Authentication And Refresh Token to API Platform
- Symfony 5 PhpSpreadsheet (Creating Excel File)
- Symfony API Platform Nedir?
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.