A Week of Symfony #719 (5-11 October 2020)
This week of Symfony blog post is backed by:
This week Symfony 4.4.15 and 5.1.7 maintenance versions were released. Meanwhile, development activity focused on fixing and polishing the upcoming Symfony 5.2 features and Symfony 5.2 beta1 was published. Finally, Symfony Insight announced a free webinar on software quality.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 84 pull requests were merged (46 in code and 38 in docs) and 78 issues were closed (49 in code and 29 in docs). Excluding merges, 42 authors made 5,942 additions and 4,755 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- c4aeb6f: [VarDumper] fixed truncating big arrays
- 27c2260: [PhpUnitBridge] fixed running parallel tests with PHPUnit 9
- 7173d6c: [PropertyInfo] support for the mixed type
- 9ffad84: [Validator] updated Brazilian Portuguese translation
- 4beb659: [Validator] updated Serbian translation
- b95ad41: [Validator] updated Bosnian translation
- 87f3284: [Mime] fixed serialization of RawMessage
- 45cad64: [Ldap] bypass the use of ldap_control_paged_result on PHP >= 7.3
- 1cef665: [HttpClient] fixed CurlHttpClient memory leak
- 392f2e0: [PropertyInfo] fixed extraction from default value doesn't set collection boolean
- a4ceab6: [Cache] allow ISO 8601 time intervals to specify default lifetime
- a324b22, 5a3e1db: [HttpClient] minor fixes in RetryableHttpClient
- 2f925df: [Validator] migrate File and Image constraints to attributes
- c4141f5: [DoctrineBridge] fixed and replaced namespace to Uid
- 81833b6: [FrameworkBundle] added option --as-tree to translation:update command
- 1428e6d: [SecurityGuard] implemented PostAuthenticationGuardToken::getFirewallName()
- b0ae228: [Translation] renamed Translatable class to TranslatableMessage
- 5cc4bc9: [Lock] added store dedicated to PostgreSQL
- 494ef42: [HttpClient] added jitter to RetryBackoff
- 4c34426: [Form] fixed field_value Twig helper for multiple choices
- 61dcfe3: [SecurityBundle] made user lazy loading working without user provider
- 414a5ab: [Lock] mark Key unserializable whith PgsqlStore
- 559ebe3: [PhpUnitBridge] added ability to set a baseline for deprecation testing
- 0137609: [Notifier] introduced NullMessage and remove transport setter in MessageInterface
- 0000dfe: [Messenger] added DelayStamp::delayFor() and DelayStamp::delayUntil()
- d1f2faf: [RateLimiter] fixed framework configuration
- 3ec2c8a: [Security] added error message when using LoginLinkHandler outside a firewall
- b9d4a2b: [Security] allowed null and DateTime objects to be used as Login Link signatureProperties
- 87920d2: [Validator] upgraded constraints to enable named arguments and attributes
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the Symfony Local Server, the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released its new 4.19.1 and 4.19.2 versions with the following changes:
- Add a
local:proxy:startto define the host exposed in the generated PAC file
- Fix phpbrew support for the local web server when using versions aliases
- Fix preloading issues preventing code changes to be taken into account at deployment
- Improve hints about deploying to the main environment for the first time
- Make it easier to run one-liner scripts using
- Fix panic in
symfony sshwhen providing a command to execute
Newest issues and pull requests
- [Validator] Use composite constraints as attributes
- [Routing] add Multiclass per file loader
- [RateLimiter] the standard X-RateLimit-Limit HTTP header is not easy to implement
- [Messenger] Option to never remove a message from a transport
- [Controller] adding Actions as an invokable objects
They talked about us
- AB tests with Symfony 5 made easy
- Symfony Messenger with custom serializer
- Reduce Symfony response time with lazy runtime extensions
- Setup Behat with Symfony 5 Rest API
- Behat with Symfony 5 Rest API — Advanced
- Symfony Live Paris 2020 : c’était bien !
- SymfonyLive Paris 2020 : notre résumé de la conférence
- Quelle architecture de projet choisir entre micro-services ou monolithe modulaire ?
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.