A Week of Symfony #742 (15-21 March 2021)
This week, the upcoming Symfony 5.3 version added a new TaggedItem attribute to define the index and priority of classes found in tagged iterators/locators, it renamed User to InMemoryUser in the Security component and made the new Runtime component more generic. In addition, SymfonyInsight announced its support for PHP 8.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 49 pull requests were merged (34 in code and 15 in docs) and 86 issues were closed (83 in code and 3 in docs). Excluding merges, 34 authors made 2,213 additions and 654 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- ff9c815: [Twig Bridge] add 'form-control-range' for range input type
- e21004d: [FrameworkBundle] exclude unreadable files when executing About command
- a78fb18: [Console] avoid ProgressBar clearing too many lines on update
- cf79189: [Console] correctly clear lines for multi-line progress bar messages
- 550489a: [VarDumper] add support for ReflectionUnionType to VarDumper
- 7678d62: [PhpUnitBridge] fix compat with symfony/debug
- 9030fd3: [Console] fix line wrapping for decorated text in block output
- 0830672: [PhpUnitBridge] fix reporting deprecations from DebugClassLoader
- a2d534c: [HttpKernel] add is_file() check before include
- faf7269: [FrameworkBundle] make the TestBrowserToken interchangeable with other tokens
- 8113f10: [ErrorHandler] fix error caused by include + open_basedir
- 827cf0a: [Security] add XML support for authenticator manager
- ab4fcf9: [HttpFoundation] enable HTTP method overrides as early as possible with the HTTP cache
- 1e6237c: [DependencyInjection] add TaggedItem attribute for defining the index and priority of classes found in tagged iterators/locators
- 7cc5cef: deprecate configuring tag names and service ids in compiler passes
- db87d72: [Security] rename User to InMemoryUser
- 49d23d4: [DependencyInjection] accept null index in TaggedItem
- 2c37d6f: [Security] remove deprecated support for passing a UserInterface implementation to Passport
- 9287099: [Mailer] add supported auth modes to exception
- 1c22e6a: [Validator] add normalizer option to Unique constraint
- c8b48d8: [Form] add form_attr FormType option
- 6c0786b: [Runtime] make GenericRuntime ... generic
- 2edf4f8: [Uid] compute a new \DateTimeImmutable every loop in GenerateUuidCommand
Newest issues and pull requests
- Proposal: CLI UI / Text based User Interface
- Allow to bind inline services by type and name
- Translating PHP classes (and their contents)
- [Serializer] Support union types during deserialization
- [RFC] Move PassportInterface::checkIfCompletelyResolved to service layer?
They talked about us
- Never Forget Symfony Config Options Again
- Easy logging in Symfony
- Deploy your Symfony app on Heroku
- Why is it Worth to use the Symfony Framework in your Projects?
- Cómo agregar encabezados personalizados a cada respuesta (globalmente) en Symfony 5
- Últimos días del Call for Papers de la conferencia española de Symfony
- Symfony, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.