A Week of Symfony #745 (5-11 April 2021)
This week, the upcoming Symfony 5.3 version added new integrations to the Notifier bridge, such as the Microsoft Teams integration, and introduced the concept of required badges to Security passports.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 55 pull requests were merged (27 in code and 28 in docs) and 31 issues were closed (23 in code and 8 in docs). Excluding merges, 38 authors made 5,371 additions and 1,097 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- e357dbb: [Debug, ErrorHandler] avoid warning with Xdebug 3 with develop mode disabled
- b946077: replace easy occurences of ?: with ??
- e2f430d: fix some union type cases
- ed576b2: [Yaml] fix infinite loop when parser goes through an additional and invalid closing tag
- 2ad08d5: [Security] improve DX and document AuthenticationException
- 74056a7: [Console] add Helper::width() and Helper::length()
- 3a14868: [Form] fix 'invalid_message' use in multiple ChoiceType
- de14349: [Notifier] bump dependencies in Mercure bridge
- 71a407d, 0cc982c: [Notifier] add LightSms notifier bridge
- 345eb75: [Notifier] add the FakeChat bridge
- 8925dc7: [FrameworkBundle] fix fragment.uri_generator definition
- 30b73c7: [Serializer] construct annotations using named arguments
- 8bc0a8f: [Notifier] add notifier for Microsoft Teams
- 3977d7a: [Security] add concept of required passport badges
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the Symfony Local Server, the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released its new 4.23.4 and 4.23.5 versions with the following changes:
- Bump Mercure
- Fix requirements for the book (for Symfony 5.2)
- Make book requirements pass if only optional requirements are missing
Newest issues and pull requests
- [Validator] Allow @Valid to use different groups for validation
- [Notifier] Notification email customization
They talked about us
- End-to-end testing with Symfony and Panther
- Why is JoliCode backing the Symfony 5.3 release
- Integrating rokka.io with the Sculpin Static Site Generator using a Symfony bundle
- Autenticación basada en tokens y cómo aplicarla en tu aplicación Symfony
- Tests bout à bout avec Symfony et Panther
- Pourquoi JoliCode sponsorise la release 5.3 de Symfony
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.