A Week of Symfony #755 (14-20 June 2021)
This week, Symfony 5.3.2 was released to address a potential security issue related to authentication. In addition, Symfony celebrated the SymfonyWorld Online 2021 Summer Edition conference with great success. During the conference, the Symfony UX initiative introduced the new Twig components and Live components.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 30 pull requests were merged (15 in code and 15 in docs) and 23 issues were closed (17 in code and 6 in docs). Excluding merges, 25 authors made 494 additions and 104 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- ffb0d2d: updated Greek translation
- a026c67: [FrameworkBundle] fix Could not find service "test.service_container"
- 9399e2c: [Messenger] remove TLS related options when not using TLS
- f8222f7: [Messenger] fix RequestContext not updated
- 35bae6b: [Security] restore extension point in MessageDigestPasswordEncoder
- 66f7b7a: [Security] fix deprecation notice on TokenInterface::getUser() stringable return
- 9fb0fc9: [Uid] fix performance and prevent collisions with the real clock_seq
- a8c0033: [Security] make the getter usable if no user identifier is set
- 853c916: [Security] fix invalid cookie when migrating to new Security
- fe366a0: [Security] fix invalid RememberMe value after update
- 448d97c: [String] conflict with Translation contracts 1.x
- 0f1f173: [Form] remove deprecated constants
- 0dc4d3b: [Form] remove remaining deprecation layers
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the Symfony Local Server, the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released its new 4.25.3 and 4.25.4 versions with the following changes:
- Fix server interrupt signal handling on Windows
- Don't add
_testsuffix to the DB name in env var if already present
- Remove adding
_testsuffix to the DB name in env var as it conflicts with Doctrine Bundle 2.4
Newest issues and pull requests
- Split utilities from AbstractRecursivePass out to a trait for easier reuse
- Idea: Use parameter in constraint validator
- [RFC][Lock] Metadata aware locks
They talked about us
- Stabilizing Symfony: Testing out the pre-release
- Differential serving with webpack encore
- Scaling the Symfony Demo app to the extreme with Varnish
- Doctrine Annotations and Attributes Living Together in Peace
- Build a Command Line Tool With Symfony
- Lo que todo el mundo debe saber sobre Symfony
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Help the Symfony project!
As with any Open-Source project, contributing code or documentation is the most common way to help, but we also have a wide range of sponsoring opportunities.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.