A Week of Symfony #763 (9-15 August 2021)
This week, the upcoming Symfony 5.4 deprecated some helper methods in AbstractController which weren't strictly related to HTTP. In addition, it deprecated the remaining usages of anonymous users in the Security system. Finally, a new Path class was added to the Filesystem component to ease the handling of file paths.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 52 pull requests were merged (30 in code and 22 in docs) and 31 issues were closed (22 in code and 9 in docs). Excluding merges, 19 authors made 24,080 additions and 8,590 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 22ce8f6: clarify goals of AbstractController
- 8ac480a: [FrameworkBundle] deprecate AbstractController::get() and has()
- fe187c4: [Serializer] rename Serializer::EMPTY_ARRAYS_AS_OBJECT to EMPTY_ARRAY_AS_OBJECT
- c933b85: [Security] add a little explanations in supports() description
- 609950e: [Ldap] remove needless code
- eb1971b: [EventDispatcher] fix getSubscribedEvents() event yielding instead or returning array
- 859a752: [Filesystem] add the Path class
- 8caae6d: [SecurityBundle] simplify LDAP factories
- 76a7fe7: [Security] deprecate AnonymousToken, non-UserInterface users, and token credentials
- 016074c: [Security] deprecate remaining anonymous checks
- a9753d7: [Yaml] add --exclude and negatable --parse-tags option to lint:yaml command
- 061bf35: narrow existing return types on private/internal/final/test methods
- 08b0176: remove ReturnTypeWillChange
- bddd980: add return types to bundles
- 7d2820c: add return types to bridges
- da0ad85, 5a3938a, 2c2229b, cc626a8, 5d6d160: add more return types
Newest issues and pull requests
They talked about us
- Console commands separation in Symfony
- Background jobs with Symfony messenger component
- Can you use Sylius to build booking systems?
- Split your Symfony views into multiple controllers with NumberNine CMS
- Feature flags in your Symfony project
- Performance optimizations with Doctrine
- Reasons to use Symfony framework for your next project
Call to Action
A Week of Symfony #763 (9-15 August 2021) symfony.com/blog/a-week-of-symfony-763-9-15-august-2021Tweet this
Become a certified developer! Exams are online and available in all countries.Register Now
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.