A Week of Symfony #782 (20-26 December 2021)
This week, Symfony development activity was low because of Christmas holidays and focused on fixing various small bugs. Meanwhile, the upcoming Symfony 6.1 version, to be released in May 2022, introduced a new feature to create draft emails.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 43 pull requests were merged (29 in code and 14 in docs) and 51 issues were closed (46 in code and 5 in docs). Excluding merges, 29 authors made 3,458 additions and 520 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 0558be7: [Mime] fix encoding filenames in multipart/form-data
- 3526a32: [Mime] relaxing in-reply-to header validation
- ea3ea82: [FrameworkBundle] fix test to actually use data provider
- d3eeb83: [Security] fix cookie clearing on logout
- e9779ec: [HttpKernel] fix SessionListener without session in request
- 908b21f: [Notifier] use correct factory for the msteams transport
- 758c07f: [Translation] fix TranslationPullCommand with ICU translations
- ccd8014: [HttpFoundation] take php session.cookie settings into account
- 83dbb47: [Lock] create tables in transaction only if supported by driver
- bf8a598: [Serializer] improve UidNormalizer denormalize error message
- 70d96aa: [Security] properly warn about deprecation of IS_AUTHENTICATED_ANONYMOUSLY
- a42dbe3: [WebProfilerBundle] fix email HTML preview
- d6a29ae: [PropertyInfo] fix PHPStan extractor issues
- e7142a6: [Lock] expose SharedLockInterface from factory
- 5ab9a34: [Console] add method __toString() to InputInterface
- 0d6e859: [Mime] add DraftEmail
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the Symfony Local Server, the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released its new 4.26.12, 4.27.0, 4.27.1, 4.27.2, and 4.27.3 versions with the following changes:
- Add a project:migrate command to help migrate SymfonyCloud projects to the new platform
- Fix project:migrate command issues
- Add region hints when migrating to Platform.sh
- Fix various issues in projet:migrate
Newest issues and pull requests
- [RFC] Help fade out composer/package-versions-deprecated
- [Console] Completion version should not use application's version
- [DI] resolve: env processor can override real envs
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
They talked about us
- Organizing your Symfony project tests
- Splitting Symfony project into chunks
- Symfony’s Security Key Concepts in 5 minutes
- Symfony Station Communique — 24 December 2021. A Look at Symfony and PHP News
- Starting a new Symfony project on Linux
- Organisation des tests de votre projet Symfony
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.