A Week of Symfony #799 (18-24 April 2022)
This week, Symfony development focused on the upcoming Symfony 6.1 version, finishing some new features for it and polishing its already merged new features.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 31 pull requests were merged (25 in code and 6 in docs) and 23 issues were closed (16 in code and 7 in docs) by 24 authors. See details for code and docs.
- 4e63f55: [VarDumper, WebProfilerBundle] replace deprecated String.prototype.substr()
- 5116846: [Messenger] fix 'Undefined index: headers' notice when using Oracle
- fd1c94b: use mb_convert_encoding instead of utf8_decode
- 8b6f56e: [FrameworkBundle] always add CacheCollectorPass
- 8d24d0a: [DoctrineBridge, FrameworkBundle, Messenger] indicate support for doctrine/persistence 3
- f0ffa47: modify processing of uploaded files to be compatible with PHP 8.1
- c14d0a1: [Routing] fix router base url when default uri has trailing slash
- 7f37797: [String] fix ansi escape sequences regex
- 9391281: [DoctrineBridge] restore PHP8 features for Doctrine debug middlewares
- 7617a3b, 55f6d9d: [Notifier] allow to send SMSApi messages in test mode
- 8d29cc7: [PropertyInfo] add support for promoted properties in PhpStanExtractor
- aad8aee: [VarDumper] remove casters for mysql link resource and removed DOM classes
- 84d35a2: [DependencyInjection] add AsDecorator class attribute and InnerService parameter attribute
- e740a11: [FrameworkBundle] add support for route attributes in kernel controller methods
- 4e39d25: [Routing] add params variable to condition expression
- d838f46: [FrameworkBundle] deprecate not setting http_method_override
- 2add2f2: [DependencyInjection] rename #[InnerService] to #[MapDecorated]
Newest issues and pull requests
- [Security] Allow to better customize LoginLinkNotification
- [Filesystem] Improve the handling of exceptions when rying to delete multiple files
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the Symfony Local Server, the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released its new 5.4.8 version with the following changes:
- Try to detect NixOS installation of composer (@tucksaun)
- Fix the PATH value when executing PHP (@tucksaun)
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) Upgrading & What's New in Symfony 6! course, Chapter 1: Project Setup & The Plan
- (Video) Upgrading & What's New in Symfony 6! course, Chapter 2: Upgrading to Symfony 5.4
- (Video) Upgrading & What's New in Symfony 6! course, Chapter 3: Automating Upgrades with Rector
They talked about us
- Symfony’s MIME in 5 minutes
- Symfony Console Component - Tips & Tricks
- 3 Ways To Use ElasticSearch in a Symfony Project With ApiPlatform
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 22 April 2022
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Help the Symfony project!
As with any Open-Source project, contributing code or documentation is the most common way to help, but we also have a wide range of sponsoring opportunities.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.