A Week of Symfony #810 (4-10 July 2022)
This week, the upcoming Symfony 6.2 version added a new feature to login users programmatically. In addition, it deprecated the recently added renderForm() method because it improved the render() method to deal with form variables.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 34 pull requests were merged (18 in code and 16 in docs) and 30 issues were closed (21 in code and 9 in docs). Excluding merges, 22 authors made 27,646 additions and 14,070 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- d0230da: [HttpFoundation] add a missing comment for HTTP 451 status code
- 2670125: [HttpFoundation] fix TypeError on null $_SESSION in NativeSessionStorage::save()
- 6467fa4: [Mime] fix invalid DKIM signature with multiple parts
- 99f2ecc: [HttpFoundation] add session ID regex comment
- c7b5802: [FrameworkBundle] add deprecation when the session is not FlashBagAware
- 4675b31: [Serializer] fix AbstractObjectNormalizer
- fc4e19b: [Serializer] cannot use Context attribute context in AdvancedNameConverterInterface::denormalize
- 473b5b2: [VarExporter] fix accessing readonly properties by reference
- 6243772: [Security] add a method in the security helper to ease programmatic login
- 7edbdf8: [FrameworkBundle] made AbstractController::render() able to deal with forms and deprecate renderForm()
- 2633877: [HttpKernel] add ControllerEvent::getAttributes() to handle attributes on controllers
- 1f73c49: [Console] fix console section output without newline
- 25c2bb1: [Translation] remove unneeded check and temporary variable
Newest issues and pull requests
- [HttpKernel] HttpCache Store cache key algorithm speed improvement
- [Messenger] Make default config for retry strategy
- [DoctrineMessenger, Postgres] Postgres LISTEN/NOTIFY improvements
- [Translation] Search for keys also in controller methods
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 8 July 2022
- How to Automatically Add Return Type Declarations without Breaking Your Code
- Send Symfony logs to Slack with Symfony Notifier (as a Monolog handler)
- Creating a Symfony project from zero to success in 52 weeks (week 1)
- Symfony Doctrine Nasıl Kullanılır ?
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the Symfony Local Server, the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released its new 5.4.12 version with the following changes:
- Remove Go Fish support as it has been deprecated (@fabpot)
- Append a trailing slash to Elasticsearch URL (@tucksaun)
- Add Cloudsmith support (@fabpot)
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) Symfony 6 Fundamentals: Services, Config & Environments, Chapter 10: The "prod" Environment
- (Video) Symfony 6 Fundamentals: Services, Config & Environments, Chapter 11: Creating a Service
SymfonyCasts also announced that a new course about Design Patterns for Fun and Proficiency is in the planning stages.
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Help the Symfony project!
As with any Open-Source project, contributing code or documentation is the most common way to help, but we also have a wide range of sponsoring opportunities.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.