A Week of Symfony #815 (8-14 August 2022)
This week of Symfony blog post is backed by:
This week, the biggest new feature added to the upcoming Symfony 6.2 version was an access token authenticator. This security authenticator is able to fetch a token in the request header and retrieve the associated user identifier. It supports custom tokens and self-contained tokens such as JWT, Paseto, and SAML.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 69 pull requests were merged (22 in code and 47 in docs) and 33 issues were closed (16 in code and 17 in docs). Excluding merges, 30 authors made 4,498 additions and 450 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- ea7149a: [Form] ignore missing keys when mapping DateTime objects to uninitialized arrrays
- 458b294: [Console] fix dispatch signal event check for compatibility with the contract interface
- 1435a15: [Validator] validate nested constraints only if they are in the same group
- d0199b4: [Messenger] always attempt to listen for notifications
- 09b8854: [Translation] Crowdin provider throw Exception when status is 50x
- 1055404: [Serializer] fix get accessor regex in AnnotationLoader
- 1840f25: [FrameworkBundle] execute tests with the full range of supported Messenger component releases
- f16da14: [Mailer] add test assertion for X-Bus-Transport header being actually removed
- 14c4cd5: [Mime] re-allow addIdHeader to be used for In-Reply-To and References headers
- dfcf900: [Security] access Token Authenticator
- 4a22bcb: [Cache] fix type declaration for RedisClusterProxy::$redis
- 15ee67e: [Workflow] mark registry as internal and deprecate the service
Newest issues and pull requests
- [Notifier] Add other api methods to Telegram notifier
- [RFC] Filesystem::getContent
- XmlEncoder with schema validation
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) Doctrine, Symfony 6 & the Database, Chapter 1: Installing Doctrine
- (Video) Doctrine, Symfony 6 & the Database, Chapter 2: docker-compose & Exposed Ports
- (Video) Doctrine, Symfony 6 & the Database, Chapter 3: Docker & Environment Variables
- (Video) Doctrine, Symfony 6 & the Database, Chapter 4: The "symfony console" Command & server_version
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 12 August 2022
- Creating a Symfony project from zero to success in 52 weeks (week 5)
- How to apply Hexagonal/Clean/Onion architecture with only two changes to your symfony project
- Enum PHP 8.1, et les librairie Symfony. (Doctrine, graphql-php, API Platform)
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Help the Symfony project!
As with any Open-Source project, contributing code or documentation is the most common way to help, but we also have a wide range of sponsoring opportunities.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.