A Week of Symfony #819 (5-11 September 2022)
This week, Symfony development activity focused on ULID and UUID generation. In addition to fixing some bugs and adding new Max UUID and Max ULID values, we added support for UUID v7 and v8. Lastly, we published an article about solving the SPA or traditional app dilemma in Symfony applications.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 27 pull requests were merged (21 in code and 6 in docs) and 18 issues were closed (17 in code and 1 in docs).
- b0b7ae9: [Doctrine Bridge] fix mkdir() race condition in ProxyCacheWarmer
- 7023db1: [HttpFoundation] always return strings from accept headers
- 7369bc9: [HttpKernel] prevent exception in RequestDataCollector if request stack is empty
- af1ab9e: [Validator] stop when finding the first ULID format violation
- f8d4168: [HttpClient] fix for delayed retryableHttpClient
- 1af379a: [Uid] fix validating UUID variant bits
- 64be67e: [Security] fix valid remember-me token exposure to the second consequent request
- 33382c2: [Form] fix UUID tranformer
- 5fd94ec: [Uid] ensure ULIDs are monotonic even when the time goes backward
- b3f34b0: [Routing] reject v2 UUIDs
- 780c41d: [DependencyInjection] fix dumping lazy-proxy of interfaces
- b7f5261: [Uid] add interface for getDateTime() and apply to relevant UIDs
- 9560d73: [Console] terminal Color Mode refactoring and force Color Mode
- 25f4de0: [HttpKernel] add missing allowed interface
- c991df6: [Uid] add MaxUuid and MaxUlid
- 38afb1e: [Uid] add UuidV7 and UuidV8
Newest issues and pull requests
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 9 September 2022
- Batch processing with Symfony and Docker
- How To Develop A CRUD App with Symfony 6 & React
- Mercure 0.14: Major Performance Improvement and New Features
- Discover Symfony UX. Turbo lets you put SPAs in the Rearview Mirror
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.