A Week of Symfony #825 (17-23 October 2022)
This week of Symfony blog post is backed by:
This week, Symfony 6.2 development activity focused on merging lots of new features that will be polished during the next weeks until the Symfony 6.2 release at the end of November 2022. We introduced a PSR-4 directory routing loader, a new hash_property_path option for password form fields, a better AST-based extractor for translations and support for friendsofphp/well-known-implementations in HttpClient.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 46 pull requests were merged (31 in code and 15 in docs) and 40 issues were closed (25 in code and 15 in docs). See details for code and docs.
- dbbf46c: [Cache] reserve numeric keys when doing memory leak prevention
- fb9f06e: [Console] fix error output on windows CLI
- 323c713: [HttpKernel] remove EOL when using error_log() in HttpKernel Logger
- dffff8e: [HttpKernel] fix empty request stack when terminating with exception
- 8639772: throw LogicException instead of Error when trying to generate logout URL without request
- 44abca3: update Azerbaijani translation
- 7d8da41: add Urdu translation
- d50fbf6: [HttpClient] fix buffering after calling AsyncContext::passthru()
- 7616c8d: [Intl] update the ICU data to 72.1
- b191e69: [HttpClient] don't override header if is x-www-form-urlencoded
- a0b82ee: [Clock] fix sleep() in MockClock
- 5f7f83c: Leverage PHP first-class callable syntax
- 440daab: [DependencyInjection] allow array for the value of Autowire attribute
- f79830d: [Lock] log successful release of Lock
- 5b4236a: [HttpKernel] add request attribute _handle_all_throwables to allow HttpKernel to handle thrown Error in addition to Exception
- 9c628d0: [DependencyInjection] add support for tagged iterators/locators exclude option to XML and YAML
- f0b2029: [DependencyInjection] allow injecting the current env into PHP config closures
- 0a3e393: [SecurityBundle] deprecate the enable_authenticator_manager option
- 5d69151, 22481f2: [Routing] PSR-4 directory loader
- 43a56e8: [Validator] new email validation option to match with w3c official specification
- 0de91ed: [Asset] improve performance of UrlPackage::chooseBaseUrl()
- 38678dc: [Translation] add PhpAstExtractor
- 63c554b: [DependencyInjection] container building optimization
- 651b465: [HttpKernel] make Logger implement DebugLoggerInterface
- 63afd5e: [SecurityBundle] allow specifying attributes for RequestMatcher
- bbafae1: [Messenger] add option allow_no_senders to enable throwing when a message doesn't have a sender
- 6e36c4e: [Validator] fix FileValidator when value is an UploadedFile
- c8f2353: [SecurityBundle] adapt tests to reflect the split of the request matchers
- d0dc7b2: [Translation] deprecate PhpStringTokenParser
- 823f332: [FrameworkBundle] remove DateTime from core Bundles
- d7fe6a0: [HttpClient] add withOptions() to HttplugClient and Psr18Client
- 9effc28: [HttpClient] add support for friendsofphp/well-known-implementations
- cf073c4: [Form] add hash_property_path option to PasswordType
- c2d3dd8: [Notifier] check Discord embed limitations
Newest issues and pull requests
- Make trigger_deprecation namespaced
- [Messenger] add a time-based ping to DoctrinePingConnection
- [Mailer] Get total message size
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) PHPUnit: Unit Testing with a Bite!, Chapter 7: Incomplete Tests and Dancing Dino's
- (Video) PHPUnit: Unit Testing with a Bite!, Chapter 8: Create a GitHub Service Test
- (Video) PHPUnit: Unit Testing with a Bite!, Chapter 9: GitHub Service: Implementation
- (Video) PHPUnit: Unit Testing with a Bite!, Chapter 10: Mocking: Test Doubles
- (Video) PHPUnit: Unit Testing with a Bite!, Chapter 11: Mocking: Stubs
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 14 October 2022
- Validating your data fixtures with the Alice Symfony bundle
- How does the Service Container work?
- Valider vos données factices avec le bundle Symfony Alice
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Help the Symfony project!
As with any Open-Source project, contributing code or documentation is the most common way to help, but we also have a wide range of sponsoring opportunities.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.