A Week of Symfony #831 (28 November - 4 December 2022)
This week, Symfony 6.2 was released after having worked on it for six months to add lots of nice new features. Meanwhile, Symfony 4.4.49 (the last one of this branch), 5.4.16, 6.0.16 and 6.1.8 maintenance versions were released. Lastly, the SymfonyWorld Online 2022 conference will take place next week with a schedule packed with interesting talks.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 51 pull requests were merged (40 in code and 11 in docs) and 20 issues were closed (19 in code and 1 in docs). Excluding merges, 39 authors made contributions. See details for code and docs.
- 35a6b3c: [Security] throw InvalidLoginLinkException on missing parameter
- 68e3261: [WebProfilerBundle] remove redundant code from logger template
- 6c02af9: [TwigBridge] amend MoneyType Twig to include a space
- 3bc06b3: [Clock] autowire PSR interface
- 8b8e1d4: [Mailer] fix body renderer check
- 258fb73: [Console] fix OutputInterface options int-mask for PHPStan
- 6f762ef: [Security] reuse AbstractFactory's config tree in AccessTokenFactory
- aa79198: [String] fix AsciiSlugger with emojis
- eaf92de: [FrameworkBundle] add alximy as backer of v6.2
- 3444c1e: [TwigBridge] fix casing of getCurrentRoute/getCurrentRouteParameters methods
Newest issues and pull requests
- Provide integration with importmaps
- Template string support in Expression Language
- Create AttributeLoader instead use AnnotationLoader
- [HtmlSanitizer] Add a blockAll helper
- !service_locator does not use ID of the original service when key not specified
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) Design Patterns for Fun and Proficiency, Chapter 12: The Decorator Pattern
- (Video) Design Patterns for Fun and Proficiency, Chapter 13: Decoration with Symfony's Container
- (Video) Design Patterns for Fun and Proficiency, Chapter 14: Decoration: Override Core Services & AsDecorator
- (Video) Netgen Layouts: Building Pages with Symfony, Chapter 9: Frontend Item View
- (Video) Netgen Layouts: Building Pages with Symfony, Chapter 10: Ajax Pagination & CSS/JS
They talked about us
- Back from Disneyland Paris: our recap of the SymfonyCon 2022
- SymfonyCon at Disneyland Paris for the 15+2th birthday of Symfony
- Consume External Messages Using Symfony Messenger
- Discover Symfony UX components and enhance your front-end
- How to dockerize Symfony project?
- SymfonyCon Disneyland Paris pour les 15+2 ans de Symfony !
- Redis et la mémoire de PHP sont dans un bateau, il coule
- Конечные автоматы на практике: Symfony Workflow
- Symfony Serializerを使ってみた！
- API PlatformのOpenAPI生成で、プロパティのrequiredをreadのスキーマにだけ適用する
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.