A Week of Symfony #833 (12-18 December 2022)
This week, Symfony 6.2.2 maintenance version was released. Meanwhile, development activity focused on fixing bugs of stable versions and adding new features for the upcoming Symfony 6.3 version, such as the support of labels in dd() and dump() functions. In addition, the last conference keynote video was published for free so you can watch Fabien introducing two new components for Symfony 6.3.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 65 pull requests were merged (48 in code and 17 in docs) and 48 issues were closed (42 in code and 6 in docs). Excluding merges, 42 authors made 2,256 additions and 712 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- c47bedf: [ErrorHandler] fix some new return types support in DebugClassLoader
- 64d145c: fix getting the name of closures on PHP 8.1.11
- 2c24bbc: [Yaml] fix dumping top-level tagged values
- 8cb094c, ed1ab3f: [Mime] fix MessagePart serialization
- 5a68b8c: [FrameworkBundle] allow configuring framework.exceptions with a config builder
- e0bd8e1: use static methods inside data providers
- a810772: [HttpClient] increase TraceableHttpClient decorator priority
- af562a7: [WebProfilerBundle] fix dump header not being displayed
- f115d7a: [HttpFoundation] fix dumping array cookies
- 5ec600e: [Serializer] prevent GetSetMethodNormalizer from creating invalid magic method call
- 70b403d: [Messenger] added missing rpc_timeout option in Amqp
- 73e03fb: [Cache] fix dealing with ext-redis' multi/exec returning a bool
- 18a2323: [HttpFoundation] use relative timestamps with MemcachedSessionHandler
- d38ef67: [Mailer] include all transports' debug messages in RoundRobin transport exception
- 35ac2d1: [DependencyInjection] shared private services becomes public after a public service is accessed
- 7e2a88a: [HttpKernel] AbstractSessionListener should not override the cache lifetime for private responses
- 7ed7e92: [ErrorHandler, HttpKernel] fix reading the SYMFONY_IDE env var
- f14901e: [HtmlSanitizer] fix HtmlSanitizer default configuration behavior for allowed schemes
- caffee8: [Console] fix clear line with question in section
- 0498238: [DependencyInjection] fix bug when tag name is a text node
- 4e8c602: [Console] fix missing command not matching namespace error message
- 138fd23: [TwigBundle] alias BodyRendererInterface
- 21a1abb: [SecurityBundle] fix authenticator existence check in Security::login()
- b000c05: [Translation] fix extraction when dealing with VariadicPlaceholder parameters
- 0f5a556: [HttpKernel] fix CacheAttributeListener priority
- 170c5b2: [ExpressionLanguage] fix BC of cached SerializedParsedExpression containing GetAttrNode
- 2c632f0: [FrameworkBundle] container:debug CLI output improvements for excluded services
- f3ed8cd: [Validator] allow opt-out of EmailValidator deprecation when using Validation::createValidatorBuilder()
- 28fe177: [Cache] fix lazyness of redis when using RedisTagAwareAdapter
- 7df2468: [Serializer] fix context attribute with serializedName
- 4829c67: [HttpKernel] fix wrong deprecation message
- c1d281d: [FrameworkBundle] allow to avoid limit definition in a RateLimiter configuration when using the no_limit policy
- d8d93c6: [VarDumper] add support of named arguments to dd() and dump() to display a label
- 68725da: [Notifier] allow to update Slack messages
- 8e5e268: [HttpFoundation] create migration for session table when pdo handler is used
- c2e4460: use ::class for Fully Qualified Class Names
- e7482d7: [Validator] update ValidatorBuilder comment for enableAnnotationMapping
- b3a2301: [Messenger] move Transport/InMemoryTransport to Transport/InMemory/InMemoryTransport
Newest issues and pull requests
- [Serializer] Support general object normalizer contexts in ConstraintViolationListNormalizer
- Link to source when dumping a stamp
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) Netgen Layouts: Building Pages with Symfony, Chapter 16: Building the Contentful Page
- (Video) Netgen Layouts: Building Pages with Symfony, Chapter 17: Customizing the Contentful Slugger
- (Video) Netgen Layouts: Building Pages with Symfony, Chapter 18: The Skills List Page + A Grid of Skills
- (Video) Netgen Layouts: Building Pages with Symfony, Chapter 19: Themes & Overriding Templates
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 09 December 2022
- Symfony Station Communiqué — 16 December 2022
- Symfony CLI: let's discover advanced options!
- What Is Sulu & Why Do Developers Choose This Symfony CMS?
- Stream an image from Symfony controller
- Creating a one api endpoint with PHP and Symfony (Part 2)
- Creating a one endpoint api with PHP and Symfony (Part 3)
- Symfony CLI : découvrons des options avancées !
- Symfony Formを利用したフォームの作成について解説
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Help the Symfony project!
As with any Open-Source project, contributing code or documentation is the most common way to help, but we also have a wide range of sponsoring opportunities.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.