A Week of Symfony #835 (26 December 2022 - 1 January 2023)
This week, Symfony 5.4.18, 6.0.18, 6.1.10, and 6.2.4 maintenance versions were released. Meanwhile, the upcoming Symfony 6.3 version improved performance of service container compilation and added a StreamedJsonResponse for efficient JSON streaming.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 40 pull requests were merged (24 in code and 16 in docs) and 34 issues were closed (24 in code and 10 in docs). Excluding merges, 21 authors made contributions. See details for code and docs.
- 2a2b72c: [DependencyInjection] fix deduplicating service instances in circular graphs
- 3370a1b: [Form] make ButtonType handle form_attr option
- 5dcb529: [Console] correctly overwrite progressbars with different line count per step
- 6b3efff: [PhpUnitBridge] use verbose deprecation output for quiet types only when it reaches the threshold
- 51bbdc8: [Cache] fix for RedisAdapter without auth parameter
- 4cf1a38: [Cache] fix possibly null value passed to preg_match() in RedisTrait
- 63253a7: [Uid] fix validating nil and max uuid
- 25d3ecc: bump license year to 2023
- db31160: [DependencyInjection] fix resolving parameters when dumping lazy proxies
- f998af9: [WebProfilerBundle] fix Mailer detail on click
- 617da29: [WebProfilerBundle] fix the usage of web fonts
- f79d848: [DependencyInjection] stop considering empty env vars as populated
- f3fc6d7: [DependencyInjection] cut compilation time
- 6424ce6: drop v1 contracts packages everywhere
- f43cd26: [HttpFoundation] add StreamedJsonResponse for efficient JSON streaming
- fc502be: [Mailer] add reject to MessageEvent to stop sending mail
Newest issues and pull requests
- [DI][FrameworkBundle] Allow overriding existing env vars with EnvVarLoaderInterface
- [BrowserKit] Set server parameters to click() and clickLink() method
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 30 December 2022
- POC of Clean Architecture with Symfony
- Creating a one api endpoint with PHP and Symfony (Part 5)
- Creating your own security attribute with Symfony
- How Symfony components power Drupal’s drive to new frontiers
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.