A Week of Symfony #836 (2-8 January 2023)
This week, the upcoming Symfony 6.3 version introduced a getEnum() method in ParameterBag and a new WithLogLevel attribute to set the log level for exceptions. In addition, Symfony announced its first official conferences for 2023.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 40 pull requests were merged (11 in code and 29 in docs) and 29 issues were closed (17 in code and 12 in docs). Excluding merges, 23 authors made 2,997 additions and 2,978 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 27e6eb4: [Validator] allow egulias/email-validator v4
- 6d8974b: [Validator] fix case-insensitive extensions in File constraint
- 20851ea: [Translation] fix for resolving Constraint Validator FQCN defined as %foo.bar.class% parameters
- 6f75529: [Translation] fix PhpAstExtractor also extracts messages if t() contains both unnamed and named arguments
- a14eb6b: [DependencyInjection] exclude referencing service (self) in TaggedIteratorArgument
- 6b6c67a: [HttpFoundation] add ParameterBag::getEnum()
- 5c09985: [HttpKernel] allow using #[WithLogLevel] for setting custom log level for exceptions
- ed96673: [FrameworkBundle] add extra attribute for HttpClient Configuration
- f4a9a5d: [HttpKernel] rename HttpStatus atribute to WithHttpStatus
- 0622750: [FrameworkBundle] remove double required annotation + attribute
Newest issues and pull requests
- [RFC] Deprecate the @required annotation
- [String] Add a method to strip emojis from strings
- LDAPConnection is not exchangeable with own interface implementation
- [Mailer] Support OAuth2
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) Netgen Layouts: Building Pages with Symfony, Chapter 22: Prepending Config
- (Video) Netgen Layouts: Building Pages with Symfony, Chapter 23: Contentful Item Template
- (Video) Netgen Layouts: Building Pages with Symfony, Chapter 24: Block Views & Block Definitions
- (Video) Netgen Layouts: Building Pages with Symfony, Chapter 25: Custom Block View
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 06 January 2023
- Symfony + Filebeat + Elasticsearch
- Managing api responses for exceptions on Symfony using KernelEvents
- Binding Self-Validating Domain Models To Symfony Forms
- How Symfony components power Drupal’s drive to new frontiers
- Utiliser l’API d’OpenAI avec Symfony
- Symfony ile Redis kullanarak önbellek oluşturmak
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Help the Symfony project!
As with any Open-Source project, contributing code or documentation is the most common way to help, but we also have a wide range of sponsoring opportunities.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.