A Week of Symfony #852 (24-30 April 2023)
This week of Symfony blog post is backed by:
This week, Symfony 5.4.23 and 6.2.10 maintenance versions were released. Meanwhile, we continued polishing the new features of the upcoming Symfony 6.3 release, including the addition of return types to the entire codebase. Finally, we published more information about how to become a Symfony partner to gain visibility among tech experts in conferences.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 44 pull requests were merged (26 in code and 18 in docs) and 32 issues were closed (19 in code and 13 in docs). Excluding merges, 24 authors made 1,833 additions and 1,211 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 176d1de: [Console] fix the first argument of trim() must be of type string
- a3988f2: [Scheduler] have TriggerInterface extend \Stringable
- 1a239fd: [Scheduler] make MessageGenerator yield some scheduling context
- 4b32490: [Scheduler] add the possibility to override the default CallbackTrigger description
- 73dc02d: add remaining missing return types to safe methods
- 1f8c592: [Scheduler] add "hashed" cron expression support
- 32c5fb0: [Scheduler] add schedule name to MessageContext
- 8b6edd9: [HttpClient] add PSR-18 to HttplugClient since HTTPlug is deprecated
- 9e0eb97: [BrowserKit, Cache, Config, Console] add missing return types
- 5229f16: [DependencyInjection, DomCrawler, ExpressionLanguage, Filesystem, Form] add missing return types
- ff98eff: [HttpClient, HttpFoundation, HttpKernel, Ldap, Mailer, Mime, Process, Routing, Security, Serializer, Translation, Validator] add missing return types
Newest issues and pull requests
- [HttpClient] Specify sensitive query parameters
- PGPEncrypter for Symfony Mailer
- [HttpClient] Control logging
- [Intl] IntlExtension - monetary_grouping_separator
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the Symfony Local Server, the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released its new 5.5.3 and 5.5.4 versions with the following changes:
- Make DB version check before deploy more robust (@tucksaun)
- Add more artifacts in CI to ease testing (@fabpot)
- code cleanup (@tucksaun)
- Rename SERVER_SOFTWARE to symfony-cli (@cedric-anne)
- Only show "new version is availble" once per day (@tucksaun)
- Make SERVER_SOFTWARE compliant with RFC3875 (@cedric-anne)
- Get rid of SC_DEBUG (@tucksaun)
- Extract PostgreSQL, MySQL and MariaDB from Docker images in use (@tucksaun)
- Check that the DB version is set before deploying (@fabpot)
- Add some tests (@fabpot)
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) API Platform 3: Security for your Treasures, Chapter 29: Custom Normalizer
- (Video) API Platform 3: Security for your Treasures, Chapter 30: Normalizer Decoration & "Normalizer Aware"
- (Video) API Platform 3: Security for your Treasures, Chapter 31: Totally Custom Fields
- (Video) API Platform 3: Security for your Treasures, Chapter 32: Custom Validator
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 28 April 2023
- Offline support for Symfony applications
- Harness the power of Feature Toggle Flags with Flagception in Symfony projects
- Create a custom JMS Serializer handler for mapping values
- Simplify Multi-Tenancy in Symfony with the Multi-Tenancy Bundle
- Managing User Sessions in Symfony 6: A Beginner’s Guide
- How to Integrate AWS Cognito Authentication with Symfony
- Оптимизация бэкенда приложения с примерами на Symfony. Часть 2
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.