A Week of Symfony #856 (22-28 May 2023)
This week of Symfony blog post is backed by:
This week, Symfony 5.4.24 and 6.2.11 maintenance versions were released. Meanwhile, we published the 6.3.0 Release Candidate 1 and Release Candidate 2 versions in preparation for the final release of Symfony 6.3 next week.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 44 pull requests were merged (30 in code and 14 in docs) and 20 issues were closed (9 in code and 11 in docs). Excluding merges, 22 authors made 2,905 additions and 1,988 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 9608af3: [SecurityBundle] update security-1.0.xsd to include missing access-token definition
- 9b0d811: [Scheduler] improve triggers performance when possible
- 343b6d7: [AssetMapper] fix incorrect exception & adding allow more realistic error mode
- a2f2f82: [VarDumper] fix dd() showing line with null
- 03d8302: [AssetMapper] sometimes asset contents are built from non-asset files
- cc65825: [AssetMapper] avoid loading potentially ALL assets in dev server
- f64e38d: [AssetMapper] change default importmap "provider" to JsDelivr + esm
- 2f3e24a: [HttpKernel, VarDumper] fix dumping with labels
- f65b668: [AssetMapper] use a separate logger channel
- ec6338f: [AssetMapper] add "=alias" syntax to importmap:require
- cfb451f: bump to PHP 8.2 minimum
Newest issues and pull requests
- [Form] Access to the Form Object in Form Type Extensions
- [Security] OIDC Discovery
- [Security] Support JWE on OidcTokenHandler
- [Serializer] Allow DiscriminatorMap to support mapping many values to one class
- Allow whitelisting of specific classes for deprecation notice baseline in phpunit-bridge
- [HttpKernel] Move UriSigner to Http Foundation
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) Go Pro with Doctrine Queries, Chapter 5: JOINs and addSelect Reduce Queries
- (Video) Go Pro with Doctrine Queries, Chapter 6: EXTRA_LAZY Relationships
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 26 May 2023
- Create a service on the fly on a symfony third party bundle
- Boosting Efficiency and Speed: Understanding Cache in Symfony 6
- Using Symfony forms with PHP typed properties
- API Platform — list all operations and its options, for example “security”
- Utilisation des formulaires Symfony avec les propriétés typées PHP
- Новое в Symfony 6.3 — Компонент AssetMapper
- Новое в Symfony 6.3 — Улучшения Dependency Injection
- Попрощайтесь с проверками на null и исключениями: использование монады Maybe в Symfony
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.