A Week of Symfony #881 (13-19 November 2023)
This week, Symfony 6.4.0 RC1 and 7.0.0 RC1 versions were released so you can test them in your applications before their final release in two weeks. Meanwhile, we started working on the Symfony 7.1 branch. Lastly, we announced more talks for the SymfonyCon Brussels 2023 conference.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 35 pull requests were merged (21 in code and 14 in docs) and 37 issues were closed (30 in code and 7 in docs). Excluding merges, 18 authors made 18,655 additions and 11,151 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- c5b810f: [Messenger] attach all required parameters to query
- a85ffa9: [VarExporter] fix handling mangled property names returned by __sleep()
- 0a30c9b: [Validator] Update Lithuanian translations
- 4145dee: [Messenger] use extension_loaded call to check if pcntl extension is loaded, as SIGTERM might be set be Swoole
- 9b60ff5: [VarExporter] deprecate per-property lazy-initializers
- 8f7cb63: [AssetMapper] fix js sourceMappingURL extraction when sourceMappingURL used in code
- 6f63e25: [Scheduler] continue with stored Checkpoint::$time on lock
- 8a1a7dc: [DependencyInjection] fix dumping containers with null-referenced services
- 2fe1c71: [DoctrineBridge] fix use "attribute" driver by default
- 4e944be: [Console] support ProgressBar::iterate() on empty array
Newest issues and pull requests
- [TypeInfo] Introduce component
- [DependencyInjection] Prepend extension config with ContainerConfigurator
- [Mailer] Improve oauth setup
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the Symfony Local Server, the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released its new 5.7.3 version with the following changes:
- Fix the response content-type check for WDT processing (@tucksaun)
- Also consider 27018 and 27019 ports for MongoDB service discovery (@tucksaun)
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 17 November 2023
- Monitoring symfony messenger listening to the worker events
- How to hydrate trees in Doctrine
- Reflecting on SyliusCon – another milestone in our journey!
- Débuter avec CQRS dans Symfony : Les premiers pas vers une architecture flexible
- Symfony под капотом: Symfony Messenger и механизм повторной обработки сообщений при ошибках
- Новое в Symfony 6.4: Атрибуты AutowireLocator и AutowireIterator
- Новое в Symfony 6.4: Интеграции Mailer, Translation, Notifier, Webhook и RemoteEvent
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.