First selected speakers at SymfonyWorld 2020 are announced
SymfonyWorld 2020 is our first 100% online event. We've announced over the summer the online conference organization which will take place beginning of December in place of SymfonyCon Disneyland Paris 2020 postponed to 2021.
The SymfonyWorld conference is a 100% online event from December 1st to 5th organized for the entire Symfony community. Registering to the conference days enables you to attend the live talks but all the replays of all talks too. Several breaks will be scheduled so you can have some time to relax or eat between talks.
The SymfonyWorld experience is a 5-day event and a new way to attend our conference. Here is the conference agenda:
- Pre-conference workshop days: December 1st and 2nd
- Conference days: December 3rd and 4th
- Hackday: December 5th all day via Slack, open to anyone
You'll have the choice between several conference tracks from beginner to advanced talks. The entire event will be organized online in English.
We're pleased to announce the first selected speakers and their talks! Please welcome:
- Damien Alexandre, PHP and Elasticsearch consultant, will be talking about "Elasticsearch with Symfony, from development to production". Search is at the core of many standard application, but building and deploying a full-text search engine is not trivial. One of your options is to implement Elasticsearch and in this talk I will show you the path, from development to production. We will also leverage the new Symfony HttpClient to communicate with the cluster more efficiently!
- Christopher Hertel, Software Architect, will give a talk about "Better Console Applications". Console applications - whether part of a larger (Symfony-)application or standalone-tool - usually are the bash-script of PHP developers. What to reason about while developing a console application and which simple tricks help to clean up your code, is shown by examples in this talk. How do I decouple my code from CLI runtime, how do I optimize long running processes and so on.
- Thomas Berends, PHP Developer, will speak about "PHP + Minecraft". Minecraft is extremely popular, but what happens when we combine it with PHP & Symfony? This talk is an adventure in using PHP for things outside of your comfort zone. At the start, it seems that these do not work together at all. By reading files we can get information about what happens in Minecraft, from logs to the complete world. However, it gets truly interesting when we can change things in the world with PHP.
Thank you to all the people who took the time to submit a talk proposal! The speakers selection is not over yet, we're still selecting more speakers.
If you're not yet registered to the conference, take your ticket now! While ordering your online conference ticket, buy your conference goodies: the official conference t-shirt and the exclusive limited edition 15 years Symfony elephpant! By being registered to the online conference you have the opportunity to buy later your special Symfony conference swag.
Stay tuned for more announces!
First selected speakers at SymfonyWorld 2020 are announced symfony.com/blog/first-selected-speakers-at-symfonyworld-2020-are-announcedTweet this
Become a certified developer! Exams are online and available in all countries.Register Now
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.