Symfony 2.6 fast approaching its stabilization phase
Symfony release process follows a time-based model where a new minor version is released every six months: one in May and one in November. The first four months of each period are the development phase, when new features are committed.
The last two months of each period are the stabilization phase, when bugs are fixed and the new features are thoroughly tested. During this phase, no new development is allowed.
This means that we are a few days from the end of the development phase. Therefore, this is our last chance to finish all the pending pull requests in time for Symfony 2.6.
Here are some of the Pull Requests which are almost finished but need your help to review their code, to test them in your apps and to document their new features:
- Add a Bootstrap theme for Symfony forms (PR #10272)
- Add a new VarDumper component + DebugBundle (PR #10640)
- Make assets:install smarter with symlinks (PR #11312)
- Easier error template customization (PR #11327)
- Add an AbstractVoter implementation to greatly simplify Security Voters code (PR #11183)
- Integrate ICU data into Intl component (PR #11920)
- Add ability to authenticate a User directly (PR #11320)
- Better interaction for choice questions in console commands (PR #11326)
- Add explicit implementation of AbstractType::getName() to simplify forms (PR #11185)
Symfony 2.6 fast approaching its stabilization phase symfony.com/blog/symfony-2-6-fast-approaching-its-stabilization-phaseTweet this
Become a certified developer! Exams are online and available in all countries.Register Now
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.