SymfonyOnline June 2023 - Taming the Forking Beast: Refactoring Monolithic Projects
SymfonyOnline June 2023 is fast approaching on June 15-16, and we've already unveiled an impressive roster of speakers and topics. Click here for more details, and don't let this thrilling occasion slip by!
We're excited to reveal that our speakers' team has just welcomed a new member, and it's none other than...
Marine Gandy, DevRel Engineer, Platform.sh, will talk about "Taming the Forking Beast: Refactoring Monolithic Projects":
"Once upon a time, great people created a great Symfony demo, to be used as a living code example and help us all learn: Bigfoot.
Since then, the DevRel team at Platform.sh has forked this repo and created a really fun escape game to showcase Blackfire. And we thought it would be good to have a dedicated frontend for our game, instead of reusing the Bigfoot design.
So we forked it to create an instance for Django. And then we forked it again to make an instance for Drupal. And then another fork, and another.
Slowly, we realized that the way forward was to refactor our dear monolith to better fit our needs. Let me show you how we stopped forking around!."
With only a few clicks, you can easily become a part of SymfonyOnline June 2023:
1) Read the detailed talks and workshops:
Allison Guilhem, Łukasz Chruściel, Fabien Potencier, Maximilian Beckers, Carlos Granados and, Alexandre Salomé, Malte Wunsch, Kevin Bond, Nicolas Grekas, Alexander M. Turek, Titouan Galopin and, Emanuele Panzeri are part of our incredible team of speakers. Further announcements will be made shortly, stay tuned!
The detailed and almost complete program is available here!
Discover also the exciting workshops that await you:
- Symfony 5/6: the fast track: 2-day Workshop by Nicolas Grekas, Symfony Core-Team, on June 13 and 14
- Mastering OOP & Design Patterns: 2-day Workshop by Alexandre Salomé, Director of Engineering, Platform.sh, on June 13 and 14
- RESTful Webservices in Symfony: 1-day Workshop by Jan Schädlich, Software Developer Freelance, on June 13 or June 14
- Profiling Symfony & PHP apps: 1-day Workshop by Thomas Di Luccio, DevRel Engineer, Platform.sh, on June 13 or June 14
- Getting the Most Out of PHPStan: 1-day Workshop by Ondřej Mirtes, Creator of PHPStan, on June 13
- Test driven development the right way: 1-day Workshop by Diego Aguiar, Web Developer, SymfonyCasts, on June 14
2) Register by clicking on Buy ticket and benefit from the regular rate until May 24th (included).
3) Choose the ticket of your choice:
- June 13-14: Workshop only. It is possible to attend a two-day training or two one-day trainings. Topics are available here!
- June 15-16: Conference only with 2 tracks in English. Each talk replay from the conference will be available as soon as each talk ends!
- June 13-16: Combo ticket "Conference + Workshops" to live a Symfony week experience!
4) Follow the "conferences" blog posts to not miss anything!
Get up-to-date with the latest in Symfony from the comfort of your own home by participating in this exciting event!
Join us for this exciting event, be part of the @symfony community!
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.