A week of symfony #190 (16->22 August 2010)
This week, Symfony2 development focused on the logger and the refactorization of exception management. Moreover, template helpers modified their syntax and, by popular demand, Symfony\Components namespace was renamed to Symfony\Component. Lastly, Symfony2 was introduced to the phpBB community at the Libertyvasion conference that took place this week on New York.
Development mailing list
- Discussions about Symfony2 Components vs Component, sfSassyCssPlugin (sass in symfony) needs beta testers (mainly windows users) and Can't sf1 plugins use an app.yml file for default configuration?
Symfony 2.X branch:
- 714fa6f: [FrameworkBundle] fixed built-in controllers
- 0da7295: [FrameworkBundle] clean up Request before forwarding
- 917da00, cbdde58: [FrameworkBundle] changed error_log() calls to logger calls
- 509bfb8: [FrameworkBundle] removed Container dependency for ExceptionFormatter
- 42c2aff: [FrameworkBundle] removed Container dependency for RequestListener
- 4ed65d0: fixed Controller::redirect must return the response
- f48aeb1: [FrameworkBundle] added the possibility to render a template for a different format than the one from the current Request
- 5ea4b34: [ZendBundle] added DebugLoggerInterface
- 955fd40: moved Logger interfaces to a HttpKernel Log sub-namespace
- d5069fc, 42cad4e: [FrameworkBundle] refactored Exception management
- e03642d: made ClassCollectionLoader smarter
- 54c3603: [Framework] added Kernel::getBundleForClass()
- 7514177: [Templating] changed helpers from Engine properties to Engine array items. For instance, instead of $view->slots->output(...), you must now write $view['slots']->output(...)
- d5a61e3: added a way to provide asset base URLs in configuration
- a506f2a: [FrameworkBundle] modified the default layout for the error page to something more neutral
- bf82cf4: renamed Symfony\Components to Symfony\Component
- 2746bcc: [HttpFoundation] added automatic session start() when changing something in the session, renamed accessor methods, added remove()/has() methods
Development digest: 49 changesets, 17 bugs reported, 7 bugs fixed, 4 enhancements suggested, 1 documentation defect reported, and 35 documentation edits.
New Job Postings
- Senior Symfony Back-end Developer at Boticca.com - full-time based in London, United Kingdom - Contact: [email protected] - More information
- Sarfaraj Khokhar ([email protected]): I have 5 years of experience in web development with php and 3 years of experience with all versions of Symfony. I have knowledge of PHP, mysql, jquery, smarty, Symfony, Zen-Cart, Os-Commerce and Wordpress.
- Rajesh Joshi ([email protected]): I have 3 years of experience in web development with php and 3 years of experience with all versions of Symfony. I have knowledge of PHP, mysql, smarty, Symfony and Wordpress.
New symfony bloggers
- New plugins
- sfCalendarPPPlugin: provides an easy way to integrate the wdCalendar in Symfony.
- sfDoctrineOAuthPlugin: implementation of OAuth in symfony using Doctrine to store tokens.
- sfPropelOAuthPlugin: implementation of OAuth in symfony using Propel to store tokens.
- sfMelodyPlugin: allows yo to communicate with many services (google, yahoo...) through OAuth.
- sfGravatar2Plugin: enable Gravatar in your Symfony1.4 project with the new API specification.
- sfBlogPlugin: (no description)
- sfDoctrineBlogPlugin: simple blog for Doctrine.
- dcReloadedFormExtraPlugin: adds some useful extra widgets, validators, modules, etc.
- sfNicEditPlugin: provides a WYSWYG text editor for your forms, using NicEdit.
- sfGoogleGeocoderPlugin: provides an easy way to use the Google Maps Geocoding service that allows to retrieve geographical informations according to an address, zip code, state or country.
- sfImageTransformExtraPlugin: added maxdepth(0) to avoid matching files with the same name but in deeper path, ensured that there are no double slashes in the url, implemented event handling for removing thumbnails when 'sf_image_transform.changed_source' is notified, cleaned up code which could produce warnings, updated to phpunit 3.5
- sfImageTransformPlugin: added four new types to thumbnailer (bottom-left, bottom-right, top-left, top-right), updated README, resize should be proportional by default
- sfDoctrineApplyPlugin: made private methods in BasesfApplyActions protected, removed setting of form formatter in forms
- sfGenExtraPlugin: render different format with or without time
- fcDbBackupPlugin: added socket handling and made compatible with php 5.3
- sfApplicationMapPlugin: updated README and preparing for new releases
- ddOnlineStorePlugin: products can now show images, added assets for images of the products, set to false the css value in generator.yml, added convenience methods in the ProductCategoryTable, set "add_emtpy" option on category_id widget in product filters
- sfPostgresDoctrinePlugin: updated documentation
- sfPropel15Plugin: upgraded bundled Propel lib to 1.5.3
- sfDoctrineJCroppablePlugin: fix for uploading new images into a record which exists
- sfFeed2Plugin: removed genUrl calls in the feed classes and fixed some tickets
- sfPropelObjectPathBehaviorPlugin: fixed filterBy problem with related fields
- lyMediaManagerPlugin: added a few icons for common mime-types
- sfAdminDashPlugin: updated login partial to include required css by default
- sfDoctrineGuardPlugin: do not register routes when app_sf_guard_plugin_routes_register is false, added german translation, added filter event to register form to implement mail confirmation, fixed bug in sfGuardUser::getGroupNames()
- fixed a few output escaping stragglers
- added bold and italic styles to the richtext editor
- re-worked the buttons so that the gradient gets applied in CSS and the icon lives in a span inside the anchor tag
- improved a_js_call() syntax with '?' placeholders allows full flexibility in how you call js methods
- fixed a few bugs with the button slot
- new apostrophe:optimize-search-index task to reoptimize Zend Search indexes
- apostrophe:deploy performance & APC cache handling improvements
- more thorough entity escaping and de-escaping for titles
- don't override the view.yml description and tags unless this page actually has a description or tags
- added a task that asks a remote production or staging server to chmod data/a_writable and web/uploads recursively to address the fact that umask() settings often prevent files created by Apache from being touched by command line tasks that need to do things like rebuilding the search index or syncing media content
- aDoctrineRoute will now check if a getEngineUrl method exists
- rollback of automatic engine selection feature due to performance issues with fetching engine page to many times
- fixed the feed forms
- apostrophe now supports granting groups editor and manager privileges at any particular point in the page tree, building on our strong support for granting privileges to individuals
- ran the escaping_strategy: true filter for the blog plugin
- fixed heuristics algorithm for findBestEngine to pick engines with no categories selected when it makes sense
- fixed missing static variable definition in aEventTable
- replaced usages of findBestEngine with getEngineSlug
- modified engine cache to save engine pages not just slugs
- group privileges for blog categories
- KitapMetre: (Turkish) A book price comparison site / aims to find best prices for turkish books from biggest turkish book selling sites.
- Cookmax: (Deutsch) Catering Online Shop (Search Spider Developed with Symfony)
- skyparking.com: (English) E-Commerce-site about parking at airports - make reservations or bookings of airport carpark online
- Flatrates Vergleich: (Deutsch) telecommunication price comparison portal
They talked about us
- Symfony basic SEO tips
- The missed multiplier – How me working more on sfImageTransformExtraPlugin could’ve saved someone elses time
- Embedding videos in symfony projects using sfVideoPlugin
- Propel 1.5.3 Released
- How to automatically and manually delete thumbnails in symfony with sfImageTransformExtraPlugin
- [workshop] Integrating sfImageTransformExtraPlugin into your symfony backend application – Part 1
- Un select ou sfWidgetFormChoice ... avec des radios ou des cases à cochées
- Is there life out there (or what is your ideal ORM for PHP)?
- [workshop] Integrating sfImageTransformExtraPlugin into your symfony backend application – Part 2
- phpBB and Symfony: Combining Communities
- Désactiver temporairement Timestampable avec Doctrine
- Symfony : Rsync sous Windows
- Petite approche de Doctrine (partie 1)
- New Symfony Helper for jQuery’s excellent form validation plugin
- Top 10 PHP Framework
- Symfony and MVC - a little rant about
- Symfony : modèle de données et module
- how to display menu on mouseover in symfony or php?
- [Libertyvasion] Doctrine 2
- 9/2 OpenPNE3で学ぶsymfony勉強会@Nifty(19:00〜)
- Un peu d’Ajax dans l’admin generator
- Goodbye PHPDbEditTk, welcome #Symfony
- Ubuntu дээр Symfony суулгах
A week of symfony #190 (16->22 August 2010) symfony.com/index.php/blog/a-week-of-symfony-190-16-22-august-2010Tweet this
Become a certified developer! Exams are online and available in all countries.Register Now
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.