A week of symfony #30 (23->29 July 2007)
Symfony development steadily progresses towards 1.1 version and prepares for major refactoring during following weeks. Plugins list adds up 108 plugins, with 3 more plugins released this week. Symfony's marketplace grows with new job offers and devolpers for hire all around the world.
This week we've also known that symfony 1.1 will feature a new polished and revamped CLI. Although all the old tasks will work as in symfony 1.0, the new tasks will be bundled in namespaces (for example
i18n:find), will use more meaningful names (for example
generate:controller) and will output useful and complete information about their use.
Development mailing list
- The symfony trunk is and will be a bit unstable for the next couple of weeks especially when Fabien will begin the refactoring of the form handling layer.
- Details of the new symfony CLI
- r4710: changed logger constants to class constants (for example
- r4720: created pake release 1.1.4 for the upcoming symfony 1.0.6, r4721: switched to pake 1.1.4
- r4730: removed the name of exceptions (as the name is always the class name, it is unneeded)
- r4732, r4733: added a new
sfConsoleLoggerclass and a new
- r4742: removed
config/constants.phpand replaced it with
- Updated mahono and dwhittle branches
- ...and many other changes
Development digest: 43 changesets, 22 defects created, 5 defects closed, 12 enhancements created, 5 enhancements closed, 160 documentation edits.
Book and documentation
- Advances in french translation of Askeet tutorial and french translation of "My First Project"
- Advances in polish, czech, deutsch and french translations of the book
- New Job Postings:
- Symfony Developer - full time - Dresden, Germany (more info, contact: jobs [at] seto-gmbh [dot] de)
- Symfony Developer - full time - Paris, France (more info, contact: drh [at] clever-age.com [dot] com)
- Symfony Project Manager - full time - Paris, France (more info, contact: drh [at] clever-age.com [dot] com)
- New developers for hire:
- TechJini Solutions Pvt Ltd: Bangalore (India) based firm run by geeks. Have done most of the projects in symfony, struts, RCP, XUL, VC++, mysql and more
- Ernitech Consulting Group Pte Ltd: based in Singapore. We have been amazed and delighted with the capabilities of symfony and use it for all projects where the customer does not specify the programming language.
- New plugins
- sfSiteMapPlugin: builds a module listing all the links for a given application, based on the "php reflection" feature.
- sfMarkdownPlugin: parses and converts text written with Markdown sintax into HTML
- Initial entry for new (beta) plugins: sfAmazonECSPlugin, sfCommissionJunctionPlugin and sfISBNPlugin.
- Updated plugins
- sfFormValidationPlugin (provides client-side form validation): new 126.96.36.199 version
- sfDoctrinePlugin (integrates doctrine ORM into symfony): updated externals for Doctrine to latest revision
- sfMediaLibraryPlugin (provides an easy-to-use interface to manage web assets like images, PDF documents, Flash objects): several bugs fixed
Some new symfony powered websites
- MatpoÅ¼: (poland) supplier of equipment for fire-brigades
- e4s.co.uk: (uk) an online job board for students
- Werner Krause BaugeschÃ¤ft GmbH: (germany) website of a (re-)construction company in Berlin
They talked about us
- Fichier de configuration, Applications & modules
- Configuration gÃ©nÃ©rale d'une application
- Una semana con Symfony #2 (16-22 Julio 2007)
- Uml2symfony, modelando los proyectos Symfony con UML
- A week of symfony #29 (16->22 July 2007) æ—¥æœ¬èªžè¨³
- Chuletas Symfony
- sfCombineFilterPlugin released: Combine js and css requests into single compressed files
- La nueva interfaz de comandos de Symfony
- Symfony - WewnÄ…trz Warstwy Kontrolera
- Czyszczenie ReqestParameter w Symfony
- Zend_Search_Lucene und Symfony - Teil 2
A week of symfony #30 (23->29 July 2007) symfony.com/index.php/blog/a-week-of-symfony-30-23-29-july-2007Tweet this
Become a certified developer! Exams are online and available in all countries.Register Now
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.