A Week of Symfony #617 (22-28 October 2018)
This week, development activity focused on polishing the upcoming Symfony 4.2 version, which will be released in 5 weeks. We improved performance of service discovery for large applications and we optimized the way env vars are exported. We also improved the log filter in the Symfony profiler to support filtering by multiple criteria.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 71 pull requests were merged (40 in code and 31 in docs) and 31 issues were closed (18 in code and 13 in docs). Excluding merges, 35 authors made 3,601 additions and 2,063 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 5c3d826: [FrameworkBundle] fixed broken exception message
- c2478d4: [Intl] updated the ICU data to 63.1
- 3dda3cc: [HttpKernel] clean away the NO_AUTO_CACHE_CONTROL_HEADER if there is no session
- 76b2541: [Messenger] send using the routing_key for AMQP transport
- 426cf81: [Serializer] refactor and uniformize the config by introducing a default context
- 60394bc: [Config] fixed slow service discovery for large excluded directories
- 717ff2d: [DependencyInjection] optimized exporting variables
- 07c46a2: [WebProfilerBundle] removed application name
- 01dfca1: [WebProfilerBundle] added a channel log filter
- 9d3621e: [OptionsResolver] trigger deprecation only if the option is used
- a33725f: [FrameworkBundle] deprecated support for legacy directories in Translation commands
Newest issues and pull requests
- [PropertyInfo] Allow fetching of types from @method annotations on class
- [Lock] FlockStore: delete lock files after release
- Before logout handler
- [DependencyInjection] Request for anonymous function factories
They talked about us
- The Symfony Ecosystem with Nicolas Grekas
- HTTP/2: speed up your apps and dispatch real time updates
- Symfony 4 Autowiring in a Nutshell
- Caendra Tech goes to Symfony Day 2018!
- Cluster de servidores web usando sistemas de archivos compartidos con eZ Platform
- Usando Esi con Varnish y Symfony
- Estrategias de ruteado con Symfony
Upcoming Symfony Events
- Symfony St. Petersburg Meetup #4: St. Petersburg, Russia (October 30, 2018)
- Symfony UG Berlin about JMS Serializer 2.0 & Jeopardy : Berlin, Germany (October 31, 2018)
- Symfony Meetup Frankfurt / Nov. 2018: Frankfurt, Germany (November 6, 2018)
- PHP Symfony User Group Basel: Basel, Switzerland (November 8, 2018)
- Symfony Vietnam Meetup - What's new in Symfony 4: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (November 8, 2018)
Call to Action
A Week of Symfony #617 (22-28 October 2018) symfony.com/index.php/blog/a-week-of-symfony-617-22-28-october-2018Tweet this
Become a certified developer! Exams are online and available in all countries.Register Now
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.