A week of symfony #174 (26 April -> 2 May 2010)
This week, the two ORM used by symfony published new important releases: Propel 1.5 Stable and Dotrine 2 Beta 1. Meanwhile, plugins showed an intense development activity, specially CMS related plugins: diem and apostrophe.
Development mailing list
Symfony 1.X branch:
- r29285: [1.3, 1.4] fixed incorrect splitting of Accept-* headers
- r29308: [lime] fixed segmentation fault when using cmp_ok()
- r29309: [1.3, 1.4] fixed choices are not always automatically translated. Added 'translate_choices' option that defaults to true
Development digest: 86 changesets, 19 bugs reported, 6 bugs fixed, 1 enhancement closed, 5 documentation defects reported, 8 documentation defects fixed, and 20 documentation edits.
- Updated Cheat Sheets page
New Job Postings
- Symfony/PHP developer at Redpill Linpro - full-time based in Norway, Finland and Sweden - More information
- Senior / PHP Developer at Pure Innovation - full-time based in Odiham, Hampshire, UK - Contact: [email protected]
- Stefan Koopmanschap: Freelance/Contracting PHP5 web developer with a couple of years of symfony experience as well as experience with other frameworks such as Zend Framework, ATK and Code Igniter. Available for development, consulting, training, technical troubleshooting, interim technical project lead, etc.
New symfony bloggers
- New plugins
- pmPropelEventCalendarPlugin: provides an event calendar based on a Propel class. You can use the provided module for searching events.
- sfEmailMeAFireShotPlugin: allows you to add a report bug button to send a fireshot capture by mail.
- sfWhoIsOnlinePlugin: shows how many users are currently visiting your website.
- srPageChooserPlugin: allows developers to add an srPageChooserWidget to forms, for use with choosing links in slots, and also in the rich text slot (designed to work with the Apostrophe CMS).
- ybNetworkWidgetsPlugin: provides usefull widgets/validators for network usage.
- pmPropelWorkflowableBehaviorPlugin: contains a behavior that adds workflow capabilities to a Propel object.
- sfPgLookPlugin: aims at providing a fast & lightweight ORM based on PDO to take advantage of Postgresql features.
- sfDefineEnvironmentConfigCachingPlugin: ignored 'module.yml' because they are cached automatically
- sfExtjs3Plugin: added support for Ext.ux.ItemSelector
- sfImageTransformExtraPlugin: everything ready for the final release, autoboxing of parameters now limited to parameters prefixed with 'className|'
- sfPhpunitPlugin: merge plugin code for the sf1.2 and sf1.4 in one branch
- sfShibbolethPlugin: ported shib to 1.4
- sfAssetsLibraryPlugin: fixed some regressions, added more tests
- sfUnobstrusiveWidgetPlugin: updated default loader to prevent multiple inclusion of the same JS or CSS file
- ahDoctrineEasyEmbeddedRelationsPlugin: merged 'master' branch into HEAD
- sfPropel15Plugin: fixed regression in forms embedding with admin15 theme, fixed wrong class name used in form customization
- sfSolrPlugin: updated exception to match change in solr-php-client lib, updated tasks to work with symfony 1.3 or greater, fixed test to work with sf1.3 or greater
- swFunctionalTestGenerationPlugin: added login/logout method
- ncPropelChangeLogBehaviorPlugin: added a global event
- sfWebBrowserPlugin: unset ssl_verify_host on sfCurlAdapter.class.php
- sfEasyAuthPlugin: updated README, added a form to let users edit their details
- sfMapFishPlugin: made Collection implements ArrayAccess, added GeoJson dump ability to Feature’s instance
- pmModuleEnablerPlugin: updated 1.0 branch
- bhLDAPAuthPlugin: app works; no security or plugins set up yet
- sfSympalPlugin: fixed bug that affected installer but was more broadly related to bad config being set in the sympal:configure task
- [dmCore] updated test project
- [dmCore] removed raw attachements from sent mails debug string
- [dmCore] fixed navigation unit test and coding standards
- [dmFront] made widget cache culture dependant
- [dmCore] made superobject generated form contain media relations and unset hidden fields
- [dmCore] removed useless dmDoctrineFormGenerator->getModule() method and fix coding style
- [dmCore] fixed form generation using Diem features when Doctrine concrete inheritance is used
- [dmCore] allowed to specify join side on dmDoctrineQuery->withI18n
- [dmCore] made dmSearchPageDocument use ->withI18n
- [dmCore] made PluginDmPageTable->findOneBySlug use translation inner join
- [dmFront] removed relation alias dependency by using ->withI18n
- [dmCore] fixed user IP in logs when using proxies
- [dmCore] fixed media type detection when using url parameters
- [dmCore] allowed to use "name
" syntax in mail templates
- [dmCore] fixed notices on CLI
- [dmCore] fixed fetch page query prevent to change culture
- [dmCore] fixed and simplified page routing queries
- [dmCore] fixed server check byte evaluation
- [dmFront] fixed html encoding in dmFrontPageEditHelper
- [dmCore] skip exceptions when rebuilding search index
- [dmCore] disabled auto seo rule validation when no record to test with
- mgI18nPlugin: added dutch translation
- sfApplicationMapPlugin: added components support, updated 1.2 and 1.4 branches
- included blog sidebar on blog post show view
- removed feed when viewing a single post
- fixed issues with aBlogSingleSlot
- turned off messages for now
- added classes to the post container for the template and the category
- routing fix for a_blog_admin_collection route
- allowed backdating of posts on first save
- added some body classes to the old blog plugin for styling- but I ended up not needing them
- don't try to display a blog title when the user hasn't selected one yet
- editing a blog slug now works as designed
- use doctrine's sluggable behavior
- the slug the user enters should be sluggified
- refresh the blog editor when the user changes the template
- tweaked admin tag dropdown
- added label to events button generator.yml
- made the Publish button a status message
- added function aBlogPost::findBestEngine to find the most likely fit for a blogPost based on its categories
- allowed comments to be disabled application wide
- improvements for displaying images with blogSlots
- updates to aEventAdmin
- added support for setting max number of images used in post slots
- rescoped aBlogAdmin body class to a-blog-admin for compatibility with aEventAdmin
- cleaned up and consolidated JS so that it is re-usable for Blogs and Events
- made the scripts a partial for both events and blogs
- bringing editSuccess up to speed for events
- apostrophePlugin: fixed bug in slideshow where selecting media was not redirecting to the refer if slot was not on a cms page, new default behavior of navigation components is appropriate for use on large sites with many pages, new aImageConverter::supportsInput($extension) method allows you to check whether aImageConverter can import a particular image format on this system, fixed a multiSelect bug with aUI, added aTools::cacheVirtualPages to avoid additional queries when using virtual pages, added aSlot::getText to return a plain text representation of a slots content
- apostropheFormBuilderPlugin: added methods to retrieve data from forms, removed submit input from aFormBody partial
- Schlafkonzept.de: (Deutsch) german Bed Online Shop
- Qobuz: (English) music news and download
- Office de Tourisme de Paris: (Deutsch, English, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, and Russian) Paris tourist office
- Greenality: (Deutsch) Fair Trade Online Shop
They talked about us
- Best practice of PHPUnit testing a symfony 1.4 plugin
- È uscito Propel 1.5
- l’admin generator de django vu par un développeur symfony
- Lyra, ultimi sviluppi
- Symfony 2. Какими будут контроллеры в PR2?
- Interesting symfony plugins: sfSyncContentPlugin
- When do you have too much code?
- sfImageTransformExtraPlugin 1.0.0 finally released stable!
- symfony, gestire un profilo utente con sfGuard
- The Best Symfony Developer Announced by bestwebdesignagencies.com for April 2010
- Generación de pdf’s en symfony. Una acción y varias plantillas
- Separation of Design and Business Logic – How thumbnailing usually is contradicting
- Prezentacja Seminaryjna Tematu
- Nuevos componentes de Symfony 2
- Finding Duplicate Classes in a symfony/PHP Project
- Using Doctrine Result Cache With Two Deep Relations
- MongoDB with PHP and symfony
- Writing a simple installer script for symfony
- Diem 5.1 released
- Le nouveau Symfony est arrivé ! (2e partie)
- I18N with Doctrine
- Contributions à Symfony
- Symfony chez PMSIpilot
- How to handle Symfony on shared hosting
- Creating utf-8 tables in symfony 1.4 /doctrine 1.2
- Symfony 1.4 + PhpBB3 session integration / phpbb3 connector
- Our move to ruby on rails
- Синглтон -> Symfony
- Redirect din component cu Symfony
- Neue Komponenten für Symfony 2
- Symfony – sfWidgetFormDoctrineChoice vs sfWidgetFormChoice – When to Use Which
- Utiliser le plugin sfEasyGMapPlugin avec symfony 1.4
- symfony 1.4のライブラリをgithubから取得する
A week of symfony #174 (26 April -> 2 May 2010) symfony.com/blog/a-week-of-symfony-174-26-april-2-may-2010Tweet this
Become a certified developer! Exams are online and available in all countries.Register Now
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.